V5 BETA ExplorOz Traveller now available

Submitted: Friday, Nov 13, 2020 at 14:22
ThreadID: 140744 Views:8426 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
If you're an Android or Apple user of ExplorOz Traveller, you can join the BETA program and get early access to Version 5. NOTE: if you join the BETA program, you cannot use the production version (ie. current store version) on the same device. It will be overwritten.

At this stage, we don't expect any critical bugs however we have found a few minor bugs which is the purpose of a BETA and we want people who are prepared to test this version to give it a good bashing in the next couple of days urgently to see what else you can break ;)

So if doing BETA, the safe bet is to load it on another device that isn't critical to a trip you're about to go on and rely on the app. Not a lot of FUNCTION has changed but there's a few little issues with background tracking and relaunching from background to foreground after inactivity yet to be resolved.

The version is all about a whole new user interface - we've removed the home screen so to move around the app you now just have slide in panels from the left and right and never leave the map screen. The other huge change is how Track Logs are managed in the app. And, we changed the logic about what happens when you click an item - everything now tries to keep you in the map screen and in the app - no immediate clicks to website, and no immediate clicks to information screens - instead clicks go direct to map (eg. Place, Trek, Track Log). We've also removed the 2nd level of menus that used to appear at the bottom of screens. And we've changed some terminology - "Private" is now changed to "Personal". And "Public" is now changed to "ExplorOz".

So lots of rejigging but early feedback from those on Beta already confirms that this has been a massive improvement and is very easy. I've only been using it for 2 weeks and already I cannot go back to using V4. So hopefully once we are confident we've public tested for any hidden/unusual bugs, we can release to the stores so you can start enjoying these improvements.

To join Android Beta you can join up yourself via the store. To join Apple Testflight BETA program you will need to send me your Apple ID and I will enter you - you'll get an invite from Apple with a link etc. Please send me your Apple ID via Member Message or send a message via the HelpDesk.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 2 Moderator

Reply By: Member - kimberleybloke - Saturday, Nov 14, 2020 at 17:05

Saturday, Nov 14, 2020 at 17:05
Maybe I missed it, but what is BETA??
AnswerID: 634101

Follow Up By: Member - Jim S1 - Saturday, Nov 14, 2020 at 17:19

Saturday, Nov 14, 2020 at 17:19
This explains ....
https://www.lifewire.com/what-is-beta-software-2625812

Cheers
Jim
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." A fisherman.

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 911220

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Tuesday, Nov 24, 2020 at 20:28

Tuesday, Nov 24, 2020 at 20:28
Attn to BETA testers - when you install the new public release of the app V5.0.3 you will need to go to Settings - App Resets and tap the option to Reset Speed Panel - otherwise the speed box won't be visible.
Android is already available. Just waiting for Windows and Apple approval.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 634237

Sponsored Links