Cheviot Rail Tunnel - Yea Vic.

Hi All
We have added a new video to our channel.
The Cheviot Rail Tunnel, now more a tourist location but still well worth a look
Running from Tallarook to Mansfield the Rail Line which operated between 1883 and 1970 is now the Great Victorian Rail Trail open to walkers & cyclists.
Just off the Goulburn Valley Highway, Yea, Victoria
Well worth a stop if your passing by.

Cheers Paul
PMK3AUSTRALIA

Back Expand Un-Read 6 Moderator

Reply By: GarryR - Monday, Jan 25, 2021 at 13:00

Monday, Jan 25, 2021 at 13:00
It brings back some of my childhood memories when the line run to Mansfield, and the timber mill that was beside it.
location - Warragul -Victoria
life is too short, so out and about enjoy

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 634888

Reply By: Member - Murray R (VIC) - Tuesday, Jan 26, 2021 at 10:59

Tuesday, Jan 26, 2021 at 10:59
Paul
Thanks for another video, as you said you were able to drive through the tunnel years ago which l have done as you did. lt's still a great place to visit even though it's now foot and bike traffic only.
Another great tunnel that is now closed to driving through is Spray Mine tunnel down at Zeehan in Tassie which l've also driven through, it is 100mts long.
Another Mexican

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 634894

Follow Up By: pmk03 - Tuesday, Jan 26, 2021 at 12:53

Tuesday, Jan 26, 2021 at 12:53
Thanks Murray,

Yes, we have also been to the Spray Mine site in Tassie. We drove through the tunnel back then too.
It was in 2005. We have a video on that one on our channel also that actually shows up driving through the tunnel.
That site in Tassie have a lot of interesting ruins to see. Another must see if your down there.
I guess they close the tunnel drives to reduce the impact on these places so we can have them around for the future.
Not really a problem to me. Have been lucky enough to do & see many things over the years that we can't anymore.........
Cheers
Paul
PMK3AUSTRALIA
FollowupID: 912288

Sponsored Links