StoneStomper Customer Service

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 04, 2021 at 16:57
ThreadID: 141042 Views:7773 Replies:6 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
After 10 or so years the StoneStomper on my Karavan was looking very much the worse for wear.

Having originally been custom made and having done its job perfectly for those 10 years, I wanted an identical replacement but with a couple of minor mods.

Just prior to Christmas I sent my old one to Christian at the factory, with my request and instructions. I got the brand spanking new one back today. There no discussion of a fee - I was prepared to pay whatever the cost turned out to be - and in today's package there was no invoice.

So I sent the following email:

Hello Christian,
I received my StoneStomper today – thank you very much.
It is totally remade, but there was no invoice in the package, nor has there been any mention of a fee.
Surely this cannot be FOC. What do I owe you?
Regards, etc

and received the following reply:

No charge mate just mention us if anyone asks.
Thanks again

This is stunning service and deserves recognition, so here it is.
Usual disclaimer - no affiliation, just a VERY satisfied customer.

Cheers

FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 15 Moderator

Reply By: MarkHugh - Thursday, Feb 04, 2021 at 17:45

Thursday, Feb 04, 2021 at 17:45
Good on you for highlighting good service Frank. Its good to hear something positive. I have heard similar comments about Christian from others who have dealt with him.
Cheers,
Mark
AnswerID: 634967

Follow Up By: Member - Cuppa - Friday, Feb 05, 2021 at 09:39

Friday, Feb 05, 2021 at 09:39
That is quite remarkable & excellent service. I have never used stone guards,but am convinced that the Stonestompers are the best way to go. Over the years it has become very apparent to me that many other types sold are a hazard to other road users. Stonestompers work without being a hazard. This is obvious as somebody with one passes in either direction on a dirt road.
See 'My Profile' (below) for link to our Aussie travel blog, now in it's 6th year.

FollowupID: 912422

Reply By: Stephen L (Clare) SA - Thursday, Feb 04, 2021 at 18:30

Thursday, Feb 04, 2021 at 18:30
Christian does a fantastic job and it is all 100% Australian made right here in South Australia and every one is individually tailor made to suite your vehicle/camper/caravan and not just one fits all.

We have one on our Ultimate and my advise for anyone towing is....you crazy if you don’t use a Stone Stomper.
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 634968

Reply By: Member - John - Thursday, Feb 04, 2021 at 19:26

Thursday, Feb 04, 2021 at 19:26
I second or third the outstanding customer service from Stone Stomper. I managed to forget to clip SS up and dragged a corner for about 20k's. Dropped it off at the factory on a Friday to check if it could be repaired, picked it up Monday, completely redone, new fittings as required, no charge. Amazing after sales service. (I did post about it at the time)
John and Jan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 634969

Reply By: Leigh H - Friday, Feb 05, 2021 at 08:01

Friday, Feb 05, 2021 at 08:01
Great product and authentic customer service, cannot recommend highly enough.
AnswerID: 634972

Reply By: Jarse - Friday, Feb 05, 2021 at 17:01

Friday, Feb 05, 2021 at 17:01
That's the kind of outstanding service you get from Christian.
I damaged mine, and all he asked was to enclose a pre-paid post pack in the parcel when I sent it over (which I did).
I asked him to give me a quote for the repair once it arrived. Well, the turn-around time was really quick. I had it back in no time. Now, I enclosed a standard post pack, but Christian sent it bac in an EXPRESS post pack!

When I called him to ask for the repair charge and the difference I owed him on the postage, he wouldn't have a bar of it.

A lot of businesses could take a leaf out of Christian's book.

I sent Christian and his staff a thank you card. (Yes, you can still do that).
AnswerID: 634982

Reply By: OBJ - Monday, Feb 08, 2021 at 20:37

Monday, Feb 08, 2021 at 20:37
I also have had terrific sedrvice from Christian when I had problems with mine behind my Tvan. He offered to send me everything up to a new car, but I was able to source what I needed from a local Bunnings and declined his generous offer due to time constraints. The problem was largely my fault I hasten to add!

Well done Christian and best wishes for continued success!!!

OBJ
AnswerID: 635006

Sponsored Links