EOTOPO>Hema HX-1

Submitted: Monday, Apr 12, 2021 at 06:55
ThreadID: 141385 Views:7883 Replies:1 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hello, could anyone please tell me if the EOTOPO maps are downloadable to use on the Hema HX-1 device, I recieved it as a gift and am finding it hard to live with and there maps limited for 4x4 tracks such as Glasshouse Mtns and Land cruiser Park.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Stephen L (Clare) SA - Monday, Apr 12, 2021 at 09:55

Monday, Apr 12, 2021 at 09:55
In a nutshell, no.

Not sure how you find their maps limiting? They have some very detailed maps and you can download higher and more detailed maps before you le@ve home and save them onto you HX 1
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 635967

Follow Up By: Jeremy P2 - Monday, Apr 12, 2021 at 13:34

Monday, Apr 12, 2021 at 13:34
Thanks Stephen, their maps I can find are fine yes but the Limitations for me are finding maps of said areas to import that have more detail (all tracks in a given area)
I could be not looking in the right places either, any guidance is appreciated, thanks
FollowupID: 913793

Follow Up By: Stephen L (Clare) SA - Monday, Apr 12, 2021 at 13:43

Monday, Apr 12, 2021 at 13:43
When you go into the maps on the HX 1, you then go into the settings and zoom right into an area you want to travel, and then save that zoomed in area in your maps.

Then when you go into that area, you then go to your downloaded maps that gives far greater detail that what is shown as standard.
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 913795

Follow Up By: Jeremy P2 - Monday, Apr 12, 2021 at 20:08

Monday, Apr 12, 2021 at 20:08
Many thanks Stephen, I thought I was doing it as you suggested but I went and re watched their instructural videos and re read their pint directions and yes it seems I was following instructions and doing it correctly, I zoomed into other areas to find some more detailed mapping and have come to the conclusions that the two areas I need the maps for they just do not have in any detail, which I find hard to believe as they are possibly the two must do areas in SE QLD for 4x4 wheelers. However the folk from Hema recently did a big launch of a new printed map which included Landcruiser Mountain Park just a couple of months ago but have not made it available as a download it would seem (gobsmacked). I was hoping that the EOTOPO would work as they do have those areas mapped in detail.....
May I ask which system you use?
Thank you for your time.
FollowupID: 913805

Sponsored Links