Suprise Birdsville trip help

Submitted: Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 17:26
ThreadID: 141762 Views:6059 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
So I had a trip planned to the south of NSW and across the border for a week but the cold blast forecast next week has got us thinking....maybe northwest instead.

Ive had little time to research this trip hence my post, hoping you guys could give me a leg up. The plan is to head from the south coast to Birdsville via Innaminka/Cameron Corner and return via Bourke and Coawra.

The last trip I did similar to this was the Gunbarrell highway and Gibb River road from Perth.

If I pack and plan similarly to the Perth trip and make the same considerations for fuel, food, water, repairs, etc., is there anything else you can suggest that I may have overlooked for a trip in this region?

thanks.
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Stephen H15 - Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 01:21

Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 01:21
Depending on when you want to go, I hear that the Big Red Bash is on again in July out of Birdsville. Accomodation and campsites rare or non-existent if not pre-booked. Some good and various ways of getting to Birdsville via C. Corner, etc. Presumably you will be researching the current road conditions and so on. A personal suggestion for a different route between Inna and B'ville is the track that goes past Walker's Crossong to the B'ville Track itself. Less common but a scenic one if conditions okay. Whichever way you go, enjoy. Better soon if you don't want too many people around.
AnswerID: 636414

Follow Up By: Member - Warren H - Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 10:48

Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 10:48
From the SA Department of Infrastructure and Transport :Walkers Crossing closed until further notice.
NT Pajero
2007 Goldstream Crown

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 914328

Reply By: Member - mechpete - Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 10:48

Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 10:48
a group of us were in Birdsville last wk
the new owners of the pub an bakery would be pleased it was hard to get breakfast at the bakery as it is so busy now ,
the meal an grog prices in the pub seemed to have gone up noticably an they appeared to be a bit rude put us off goin there roads in the area are all good . everywhere we went the comment was they cannnot get staff to work out there cos there is no overseas people to fill the jobs as the aussies won,t work
came through Eulo an the people coming in for the music concert was crazy busy little town
anyhow enjoy your trip mechpete
AnswerID: 636415

Reply By: Nomadic Navara - Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 23:49

Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 23:49
Before going, check the various state road condition maps. There are a lot of warnings and some closures in each of the three states up there.
PeterD
Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 636424

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (9)