EO Topo Map Legend

Submitted: Monday, May 24, 2021 at 13:13
ThreadID: 141813 Views:6845 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hello
I see that the map legend is only shown in the User Manual but I find when looking at the PDF (I have saved it in Books on my iPad Air 2) it is blurry and very difficult to read the road types. Is there a way to download the User Manual again, and if so, will it make any difference?
I also notice there are red numbers in circles on some roads, the definition for which don’t appear in the legend, and I can’t work out what they mean.
Hope someone can help.
Cheers
David
Melbourne Vic. Land Rover Disco 4, AOR Matrix Pop Top

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Warren H - Monday, May 24, 2021 at 18:18

Monday, May 24, 2021 at 18:18
I have similar issues for road symbols with the legend in the manual. There are much clearer images of the places legend on page 20, but the regular topo map legend on page 5 is just an image which imho needs to be at higher resolution or in the document as vector symbols. If you search the web you will find documents that give the standards for symbols on Australian topo maps. These are in vector format so you can zoom in but it would be nice to have them clearer in the manual.
NT Pajero
2007 Goldstream Crown

AnswerID: 636530

Reply By: Frank P (NSW) - Monday, May 24, 2021 at 19:39

Monday, May 24, 2021 at 19:39
You can download the latest version of the User Manual any time from the Traveller page. It will be the same as the in-app manual as far as clarity and legend are concerned.
FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 636533

Reply By: Member - David H72 - Saturday, May 29, 2021 at 14:03

Saturday, May 29, 2021 at 14:03
I’m wondering if Michelle has anything she can add about this. Maybe a better resolution version available somewhere?
Thanks to the other members for their replies.
David
Melbourne Vic. Land Rover Disco 4, AOR Matrix Pop Top

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 636602

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Monday, May 31, 2021 at 13:37

Monday, May 31, 2021 at 13:37
The original legend was built into the raster mapsheets so that is what we have extracted and put into the manual. It's an image built for a much higher scale than the A4 pdf. We don't have it in any other format so if a vector pdf is required we will need to commission a graphic artist to do it. We'll add it to the "to do list".
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 914590

Sponsored Links