Article Comment: EOTopo

Submitted: Monday, May 31, 2021 at 15:14
ThreadID: 141879 Views:8075 Replies:1 FollowUps:7
This Thread has been Archived
Just downloaded the Exploroz traveller app. What’s the process to report map errors ( eg Copley to Balcanoona road not showing properly) . Also what is a solid red line with broken black line over the top - can’t see this in legend.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Frank P (NSW) - Monday, May 31, 2021 at 15:47

Monday, May 31, 2021 at 15:47
Hi Paul,

I've travelled the road but a few years ago so I can't recall details. To what extent is it not displaying that road correctly? Just looking at the map, it appears ok to me. What have you found?

The red line with the broken black line over the top is an ExplorOz Trek that you have chosen not to display. It is not interactive. (Map Layers/Treks/ExplorOz tick box.)

If you tick the box you will get a black line with white dashes. It is then interactive. You can tap it, tap Goto and a navigation plan will load, giving you turn by turn guidance and a lot of other information, even with no internet.
FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 636629

Follow Up By: Paul G37 - Monday, May 31, 2021 at 15:56

Monday, May 31, 2021 at 15:56
Hi Frank,
The main unsealed road is showing as a minor track between Mt Serle Turnoff and Nepabunna. That combined with the sold black on red makes it look like the main road goes through Yankaninna- that’s actually a mail road and gets pretty rough further along.
FollowupID: 914591

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Monday, May 31, 2021 at 16:19

Monday, May 31, 2021 at 16:19
Ah, yes, and looking at other maps, I see what you mean. In fact, there's a break in the road around Iga Warta which other maps show as continuous. The satellite view shows it as a substantial road, so definitely worth reporting. However I'm not sure what the preferred reporting method is for mapping issues like this. Maybe Michelle will pick this up here. Otherwise maybe one of the relevant options on the Help Desk.

As an aside, if you select ExplorOz Treks in Map Layers you can tap those treks in the Gammon Ranges (or any Trek for that matter) and then tap Show for more info about vehicle suitability etc - the icons give you a clue if the words don't. There is a lot of background and historical info in those treks as well when you tap Show. Worth a look if you haven't already done so.
FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 914592

Follow Up By: Paul G37 - Monday, May 31, 2021 at 17:08

Monday, May 31, 2021 at 17:08
Thanks for the Treks tips Frank. Will check that out. I have logged my question and error with help too :).
FollowupID: 914593

Follow Up By: Member - pedro1 - Tuesday, Jun 01, 2021 at 10:35

Tuesday, Jun 01, 2021 at 10:35
I consider it one major disadvantage in EO Topo, that is the inability to hide the ExplorOz Treks from the mapping so you can see the original road markings. Should be a option to see the treks on the map then a further option to open them up for more information- e.g. like a right click on a keyboard situation
FollowupID: 914598

Follow Up By: Member - Warren H - Tuesday, Jun 01, 2021 at 10:56

Tuesday, Jun 01, 2021 at 10:56
If you zoom in you will see some separation so that the markings can be seem. Don't think this worked with the raster maps as there was insufficient resolution. I think removing the EO Treks from maps, unless selected of course was meant to be done in EOtopo 21, but not such an issue now you can separate by changing the scale.
NT Pajero
2007 Goldstream Crown

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 914599

Follow Up By: Member - pedro1 - Tuesday, Jun 01, 2021 at 11:23

Tuesday, Jun 01, 2021 at 11:23
Warren, Zooming in can be painful when looking at 100s kms of track
FollowupID: 914600

Follow Up By: Member - Warren H - Tuesday, Jun 01, 2021 at 12:40

Tuesday, Jun 01, 2021 at 12:40
Yes but you can determine the road marking where you are interested, changes are a little easier to see. Mostly required during planning, when you are there you can see out of the windscreen.
NT Pajero
2007 Goldstream Crown

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 914601

Sponsored Links