ExplorOz Traveller - BETA version 6.4 out now

Submitted: Friday, Aug 20, 2021 at 14:57
ThreadID: 142416 Views:4744 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived

Existing BETA/Test Flight users will get this. But we would like to get more Apple test flight users. If you're in lockdown please consider if you can help with testing as the testing does not require any travelling. To join, send us a message with your registered Apple iTunes ID and we will add you to the system. Log into the Help Desk to make contact (don't post your iTunes id here!).

Note, only use the beta test reporting system and only comment on the issues requested by the developer. Please understand, we are not looking for additional feedback or suggestions for features that don't exist in this update - only testing for the features of this version where testing means - looking for errors/bugs/glitches that need fixing before we release the app to everyone. We hope to do that next week.

Test opening your own GPX files, TCX files, or KML files that are on your device by selecting Traveller as the app to open it with - this will let you test the various functions in the import process. There's a whole lot of cool new features including line colour, trim etc. The system detects if you have waypoints or just track files and lets you see this on the map so you can just import what you want, and ignore any rubbish data. With the waypoints, the system will let you assign the Place type at import (will assign the associated icon etc too). With the track files you import - it will show separate segments if multiple days are detected with detailed metrics. You'll also see separate segments if your files has multiple track files - they do not join together like the old system did. Segments can be deleted using the swipe left. You can edit the track within each segment - press Edit and use the move/delete tool. Tap Edit to close the function. To save changes to your Track Log - press Save at the bottom.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Frank P (NSW) - Saturday, Aug 21, 2021 at 11:18

Saturday, Aug 21, 2021 at 11:18
Hi Michelle,

Has 6.4 for beta testers been released in the Windows store? So far it's not showing up for me (as of 11am Sat 21st)

Cheers
FrankP

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 637603

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Saturday, Aug 21, 2021 at 13:46

Saturday, Aug 21, 2021 at 13:46
No Frank Microsoft does not have a Beta program so it is only in Android and iOS.
David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 915682

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Wednesday, Aug 25, 2021 at 19:54

Wednesday, Aug 25, 2021 at 19:54
Beta Update: Thanks to all that have been testing and providing feedback. We have now made some changes as per this feedback and have released Beta v6.4.3
Please update to this Beta via Apple Test Flight or Android.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 637647

Sponsored Links