Fraser Island QLD

G'Day All
We spent 2 very full days on Fraser Island and just scraped the surface.
This was our third trip to this amazing place & although each time it seems to be getting busier, it's still a great place to visit.
Day one saw us travel along the east coast of the island from Eurong all the way to Ngkala Rocks.... It was a huge day with stops at Eli Creek where we walked through the cool fresh waters & The Wreck of the Maheno. We also visited The Pinnalces, Seventy Five Mile Beach, Indian Head, Waddy Point, Champagne Pools, & Orchid Beach. We travelled as far as just north of Ngkala Rocks.
From there we turned & headed south back to our campsie for the night.
We camped at Cathedrals & it was just magic. A great place & a peaceful sleep in our swags after a huge day!
Day two we explored the inland tracks & visited Eurong, Central Station, Lake Mckenzie & Lake Birrabeen having a refreshing swim in both..... The clear blue waters of Lake Mckenzie are a popular place & a must do but if you like it a little quieter Lake Birrabeen is well worth a look.
All too soon we were running out of time & made our way back to Kingfisher Bay to catch the last ferry back to Hervey Bay.
Wow.... Two very packed full days on Fraser Island.
Cheers
PMK3AUSTRALIA

Back Reply Expand Un-Read 2 Moderator

Reply By: Stephen L (Clare) SA - Saturday, Jan 08, 2022 at 08:50

Saturday, Jan 08, 2022 at 08:50
Another great video Paul.

Thanks for sharing
Simpson Desert Colours

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 639031

Sponsored Links