ExplorOz Traveller - BETA V7 out now

Thank you to all prospective Beta testers for your patience. We have just released Traveller V7 BETA to Google Play for Android devices. Apple is still pending approval but should be approved today also.
Please understand the documentation is incomplete but I'm sure that with the What's New info, and a bit of playing about it should all become obvious. There is also some notes from David in the Beta release so please read that as there is a known issue with adding photos that we haven't finalised yet.
But to fill in the gaps, let me quickly give some more tips until I can release more extensive documentation:-

When you tap Place icons on the map the pop up is different - tap the box to show the place info page. There isn't a button - just tap the box/name.

Instead of a GoTo button we use a new green route icon. So look out for this.

Remember to use SWIPE LEFT - it's available on any item shown in a list to easily get to control options (edit, add to folder, route, etc). This is super great with the new place edit of any place - change a public place name, change description, change POI type, add facilities, add a web url link, etc.

New/Improved nav planning: Use the Mode option at the top of the nav panel to select another mode if you want to recalculate a segment in the nav plan that's already been created. Then swipe left on the place you wish to recalculate - tap the green route icon. It will recalculate the affected segments. Too easy.
Reorder - this is a new method. From the nav panel, press hold the place and then drag and drop - the affected segments will be recalculated. You can also insert a Place anywhere you like - just press route and you'll be prompted to insert or add. Insert offers prompts.

Folders: You'll see a folder icon on all Places, Treks, Track Logs. When the folder icon is clear/white the item is not stored in a folder. When the folder icon is filled-in/black, the item is stored in a folder. Tap the folder icon to add any item to a folder - you'll be prompted to select an existing folder or create a folder. Folder items can be a mix of Personal & ExplorOz data. You can add notes to any item whether in a folder or not.

If you use Address Search, a folder will automatically be created to store all the addresses you've looked up (as at start of use of v7). You can delete contents of folders separately from the folder itself or delete all in one go.

Folders sync automatically to your ExplorOz account so if you use multiple devices your folder content will automatically be available across them all (device requires internet connection to sync data from server to your device).

You can also create TREKS directly from folder items. This is a very new concept. The idea is you can get a very quick overview of your route - so you simply go into your folder, press the green route button and it will automatically build your trek in one click. There is no auto routing at this stage - it will just create straight line routing but for planning that may be all you wish to see. If you actually want to use the route for guided navigation then go back to the folder where the Trek will be added - and tap the green route icon on that - and it the nav panel will be open - you can then use the instructions above to change mode and recalculate the segments as you wish. Too easy.

Hope this is sufficient for all Beta testers. Remember - Beta testing is about helping us find what doesn't work. Please push it to the limit. Use as many features as you can.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 4 Moderator

Reply By: RichardWT - Saturday, Feb 05, 2022 at 10:40

Saturday, Feb 05, 2022 at 10:40
I have 7.0.1 installed on Android 10. The drop pin icon on the top bar is just not there. I'm not seeing a setting to turn it on/off. Would it be a bug?

UPDATE. Also noticed that I couldn't get any places to display or turn off displayed tracks. I just did a Clear Main DB in DataBases resets and redownloaded Places and Treks and the Drop Pin icon has reappeared. I can also now get places to display.

Thanks,
Richard
AnswerID: 639346

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Saturday, Feb 05, 2022 at 15:52

Saturday, Feb 05, 2022 at 15:52
Yes anytime the pin is missing it means you haven't got the Places database installed. No bugs.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 918405

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Tuesday, Feb 08, 2022 at 17:33

Tuesday, Feb 08, 2022 at 17:33
Confirming BETA 7.02 update has just been released so all BETA testers please update to the new version.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 639387

Sponsored Links