Our trip to Cape Riche, Bremer Bay WA

Submitted: Thursday, Apr 21, 2022 at 21:14
ThreadID: 143594 Views:4435 Replies:4 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
We've just finished a blog detailing our recent trip. Please enjoy.

Click here to open our Blog

PS: We have made some long overdue updates to blogs regarding photo layout. Not many people been publishing blogs so updates to modernise have been neglected due to lack of urgency but I worked with David today to make some simple improvements. If you use it, we can improve it more. It's a demand thing. But as you can see by my blog, it can look pretty good if you add photos and track logs. Give it go Members.

TIP: click upload photos to insert where your cursor is. Photos will fit and resize automatically for 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 per line. Due to different dimensions of images they will auto crop to fit but when tapped you can view the original image fullscreen.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 4 Moderator

Reply By: Stephen L (Clare) SA - Thursday, Apr 21, 2022 at 22:28

Thursday, Apr 21, 2022 at 22:28
Sounds great Michelle

Got a few trips planned very soon and looking forward to try it out.
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 640284

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Friday, Apr 22, 2022 at 13:24

Friday, Apr 22, 2022 at 13:24
Hi Stephen,
We were very conscious of not affecting the layout of all your past blogs with these photos changes as you've put so much work into them. Going forward, the way you handle the photos in the new blogs you create will be different to before (simpler) but for the time being the look of the edit page is the same, just the way the system knows how to handle the images has changed.

TIP: previously the system would automate 3 images in a line and if they weren't all the same orientation (landscape/portrait) it would upset the text. Now, you can put in any number of photos from 1 -5 per line and the photos will auto resize to fill the space. The photos can be any orientation (a mix of landscape & portrait). However - all photos will crop in the blog output but when tapped to view fullscreen will be as original. Just like Instagram etc. We've removed the drag resize tool from the front end so you'll notice these differences as I know you used that a lot.

So one photo = full width. Two photos on a line = 50% width each side by side perfectly and so on up to 5 photos per line. You can press Enter to create a new line and add a whole batch of photos using the line breaks to determine the size your images will appear based on number of images per line.

There are two technical tricks I used in mine using html code but we intend to make templates to make it easy for people to select heading styles and other photo layouts instead of having to write code! But that's for later and depends if people use the Blogs enough to make it worthwhile. Let me know if you want to know the code for headings or other image layouts in the meantime as I know you're the most likely person to want to publish Blogs and have a good go at it.

PS where are you heading next?
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 919367

Reply By: nick g1 - Friday, Apr 22, 2022 at 06:05

Friday, Apr 22, 2022 at 06:05
Wow
You took my advice! I remember telling you about Cape Richie when you originally asked about places to go. You did all l told you about. Great stuff.
AnswerID: 640287

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Friday, Apr 22, 2022 at 09:46

Friday, Apr 22, 2022 at 09:46
Yep sure did. Thanks Nick.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 919363

Reply By: Matthew G3 - Friday, Apr 22, 2022 at 11:15

Friday, Apr 22, 2022 at 11:15
Nice read and pictures Michelle.
Nice to follow your track log, had trouble finding Sparkling Island but switched over to Satellite image and found it. It really adds to all your photos doing this.

Matt
AnswerID: 640294

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Friday, Apr 22, 2022 at 13:08

Friday, Apr 22, 2022 at 13:08
If you click the underlined link on your reply for the words Sparkling Island you will be forwarded to the Place information for this location with the photos and information we added. It wasn't in the tourist info brochures of course, but we spotted the 4WD track and just happened to stumble across it. Never heard of it ourselves either. We sent the drone out over the ocean to get the photos - and have a wonderful video I should share to our YT channel later - looks a lot different than what you see from the ground facing it I can assure you. Well worth a visit. Thanks for reading the blog.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 919366

Follow Up By: Matthew G3 - Friday, Apr 22, 2022 at 14:14

Friday, Apr 22, 2022 at 14:14
Hi Michellle
When i read through this morning and clicked on the place names it came up server error with a lot of your link info, its working fine know takes straight to place info with photos.
FollowupID: 919368

Reply By: Member - Captain (WA) - Saturday, Apr 23, 2022 at 02:14

Saturday, Apr 23, 2022 at 02:14
Looks like a fantastic trip and good write-up, haven't been to Stockton Lake.... looks great. Is the cycling and/or kayaking good there?

Understand your struggles in soft sand and mountain bikes, have you ever tried fat bikes? Used to take our mountain bikes camping but once we got fatties, never looked back.

Like the electric pump you use for your SUP's, I have aRyobi low/high pressure version, but the HP is way too slow. Looks like I will soon have another Amazon delivery due. Have several double hand pumps of varying diameters, but all are hard work!

Do you have the D rings on your SUP's to attach a kayak seat? When struggling on rough water, putting the kayak seat on and changing paddles adds to their versatility and enables longer distance, or perhaps my SUP skills are just not up to scratch.

Cheers
AnswerID: 640300

Sponsored Links