still frying in Kakadu

Submitted: Sunday, Jul 04, 2004 at 15:26
ThreadID: 14367 Views:1467 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
hi all, sorry Andrew am I rubbing this hot weather thingey in...ahhahahah....damn it's nice sitting by the pool and watching the kids have a ball...Kakadu's been fun, infact I thought from what I had been told by lots of other people that I wouldn't like it...but...I have to admit...I have...it's a great place...I've particularily enjoyed the rock formations, the rock art and the wonderful wetlands....though I can see why so many prefer Litchfield it is much easier to get around because it is much smaller..luckily I have enjoyed both parks.....

and Jiarna if you read this...for whatever reason I can't respond to your member message...yes...Coober Pedy the 17th, not sure what time I'll be in town though...so if you'd like to let me know what time you'd expect be in Coober Pedy we'll see what we can do....respond via email...click on my "rig" pic and you'll get the addy......

back to katherine tomorrow and then down to Alice for a few days.....

cheers all.....I'd better reapply the sunscreen now.....

cheers

Lyn
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Big Kidz (Andrew & Jen) - Sunday, Jul 04, 2004 at 16:35

Sunday, Jul 04, 2004 at 16:35
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa - !@#$!$#%

Put my hand in the pool skimmer box today to clean out all the leaves. Took me three goes to put a fitting back coz the water was so cold it made my hand ache. Today in Melbourne something novel - sunshine and a balmy - probably 15 degrees.

......any don't feign sorry-ness. I can tell you are not the least bit sorry. hahhaahha

Enjoy it and pass on our regards to the rest of the crew. And about the sunscreen - it is only half the story....DONT FORGET THE STRAW HAT.

Andrew
AnswerID: 66407

Reply By: Member - JohnR (Vic) - Sunday, Jul 04, 2004 at 16:36

Sunday, Jul 04, 2004 at 16:36
Lyn, Al, Tegan and Callum,

Don't much like the heat myself. hahaahah not much. Has been sunny today actually.

Am glad you could enjoy Kakadu, we did too and probably more than Litchfield. Enjoyed the Barramundi Gorge and everywhere the 4by Falcon hire car could take us. Probably more swimming holes in Litchfield though, salties in Kakadu.

Was teriffic to catch up with you folks and the Wombats in Oodnadatta, just as it was Willem and Judith in Peterborough and the Lexics in Berri. Am pleased you have been able to get online today and keep us in touch.

Look forward to seeing you back online on your return.......
AnswerID: 66409

Follow Up By: GOB & denny vic member - Sunday, Jul 04, 2004 at 20:18

Sunday, Jul 04, 2004 at 20:18
goodday john

i am sure that if they are suffering to much someone down here would swap with them
our turn in 5.5 weeks and cant wait

steve
FollowupID: 327239

Follow Up By: Member - JohnR (Vic) - Sunday, Jul 04, 2004 at 22:24

Sunday, Jul 04, 2004 at 22:24
Steve,

I am glad you and Denny will have a bit of that flat out holidaying that the Als are achieveing. I hope you can promote more of the health recovery first too though. Am sure the suffering won't be hard to take when you get out to do it. I know I can do it.
FollowupID: 327259

Reply By: Mad Dog (Victoria) - Sunday, Jul 04, 2004 at 22:20

Sunday, Jul 04, 2004 at 22:20
Talking about frying in Kakadu reminded me about the camel steak I fried up at Cooinda. That was the first and last time I had eaten Camel but that was the best slab of meat I've ever had, choose it from the servery and threw it on the hot plate with no idea of how to cook it but I must have done something right.
That was many years ago I wonder if you can still do that there?

Well it sounds like you guys are having a great time up there, enjoy it all you can.
AnswerID: 66452

Sponsored Links