Boat Rack for camper trailer

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 28, 2022 at 15:28
ThreadID: 143944 Views:7396 Replies:6 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
G'day. I seem to be having a lot of trouble locating a supplier of the Boat Rack with cage for my camper trailer. They are bolted and hinged to the side of the camper and are assisted with struts. I have rung around a bit but they seem to be all part of the trailer and not sold separately. Does anyone know where I could get one. I am in WA.

Thanks for any help.
Sue
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Bigfish - Tuesday, Jun 28, 2022 at 16:56

Tuesday, Jun 28, 2022 at 16:56
Every now and again they come up on Facebook Marketplace or on the specific camper make site..ie. Austrack camper forum. They are only good for a 3.5 meter boat and are a pain in the butt to load and unload. I gave up and just sold the boat.
AnswerID: 641012

Reply By: Magicstem - Tuesday, Jun 28, 2022 at 20:44

Tuesday, Jun 28, 2022 at 20:44
To be honest I am not using it for a boat, I just want it to put other stuff on. But will keep an eye out on marketplace. Thanks
AnswerID: 641013

Reply By: 1392 - Wednesday, Jun 29, 2022 at 13:02

Wednesday, Jun 29, 2022 at 13:02
The big question is this - Was your camper designed to have a boat carrier fitted?
The rack has to bolt onto something of substances, not simply onto the sheet metal side. You need some structure that will be capable of taking the weight of the rack and carried load; plus be capable of withstanding the dynamic stresses imposed during opening/closing.
If there isn't a direct connection to the chassis, it will at least, require some substantial strengthening of the attachment points to the side of the body.
I suggest that your best bet would be to contact a trailer manufacturer to get a quote for custom manufacture.
AnswerID: 641017

Reply By: Magicstem - Wednesday, Jun 29, 2022 at 13:44

Wednesday, Jun 29, 2022 at 13:44
Great advise and was what I was thinking. I will be contacting the manufacturer to get him to adapt our trailer. Many thanks for all the advice - happy camping :)
AnswerID: 641018

Reply By: Member - McLaren3030 - Thursday, Jun 30, 2022 at 09:02

Thursday, Jun 30, 2022 at 09:02
Hi Sue,

The old Kimberley Kampers used to have a side loading “Boat Loader”. From memory, it was attached and “hinged” from the bottom frame on the side of the Kamper. Not sure if there are any photos on line, but this is something you might want to research.

There is a YouTube video “Kimberley Kamper Boat Loader”, but I don’t know how to link it to this thread. It shows you where it is mounted and hinged. You could easily adapt this loader by adding a “basket” to the rack. You would need to check out what weight it can support, the average 3.5 m “tinnie” weighs around 80 kgs.

Macca.
Macca.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 641023

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Thursday, Jun 30, 2022 at 10:15

Thursday, Jun 30, 2022 at 10:15
Macca,

Let me try to explain how to link to an outside source, like your YouTube example. I'll assume you're using a laptop or desktop computer. If you're using a small device like a phone or tablet, the copy and paste techniques differ between brands and devices, so you'll have to adapt.

I'm using a Windows laptop.

1) get your You tube video loaded up and running in your browser.
2) click in the address line of your browser. The address will expand to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnS5rDvI2pQ and be highlighted:

3) Press CTRL C (or right click and Copy) to copy the highlighted youtube address.
4) Start writing your post in the EO forum
5) At the point where you want to link to the video, click the Link button under the edit window:

6) In the window that opens, use CTRL V (or right click and Paste) to paste the copied address into the URL/Address box. Youtube addresses are short and will fit in the box, but some others that you might want to link to are really long and will overflow the box. Don't worry about that.
7) In the Description box type a word or two, like "Link" or "Youtube video" - whatever is appropriate to context. It will look like this:

8) Click the Insert button. Some code that looks like this will be inserted into your post:
url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnS5rDvI2pQ]youtube video[/url
9) Finish writing your post and Submit it as usual.
10) If you followed this, the link should look like this:

Macca's text all about this youtube video

It looks a bit daunting with 10 steps, but once you've done it a couple of times it's easy as.

Cheers
FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 920092

Follow Up By: Member - McLaren3030 - Friday, Jul 01, 2022 at 08:10

Friday, Jul 01, 2022 at 08:10
Thanks Frank, it worked.

Kimberley Kamper Boat Loader

Macca.
Macca.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 920096

Reply By: Member - John - Thursday, Jun 30, 2022 at 13:19

Thursday, Jun 30, 2022 at 13:19
This video is from Aussie Swag, been out of business for a few years now, it may give you some clues on how to attach etc. Aussie Swag Boat Loader
John and Jan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 641026

Sponsored Links