Insurance Advice

Submitted: Tuesday, Jul 06, 2004 at 13:01
ThreadID: 14419 Views:1533 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
My partner and I are just about to set off on an extended around Oz working holiday. We are running into trouble trying to insure our portable gear, eg Honda generator and Waeco fridge/freezer. The laptop, personal effects and digital camera seem to be no problem if we include them on our contents policy of the stuff we are leaving behind in storage.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jan and Terry
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bitsumishin - Mike A (WA) - Tuesday, Jul 06, 2004 at 14:55

Tuesday, Jul 06, 2004 at 14:55
Both the above items (infact all of them) are covered under both my Contents cover (up to 3 months from home & longer by arrangement) as well as my car insurance as long as I list them. I'm with CGU. They are not the cheapest but I've never had a problem with a claim (2 car & 2 home). Course they do limit the amount you raise your car so whilst not a problem for me, it may affect you.
AnswerID: 66672

Reply By: Member - Pesty (SA) - Tuesday, Jul 06, 2004 at 16:36

Tuesday, Jul 06, 2004 at 16:36
Same here all our gear is covered by BLUE RIBBON house policy, and waeco fridge is listed as 4by acces. as it lives in there 24/7. If all your gear is covered under house contents cover try putting your geny and fridge on car policy. If you ring up and dont get the answer you are looking for, keep ringing until you get someone with a brain as you can get several different answers from the same company?
AnswerID: 66683

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (9)