To Be or not to BE?

Submitted: Tuesday, Jul 06, 2004 at 19:13
ThreadID: 14427 Views:1670 Replies:8 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
A bit of feedback for EO.

Been bumping around the site for a few mths now and have been thinking about joining on and off but can't bring myself to press the send button

Thought bugger it I just pay the 50 and get on with it, but the handbrake is not so enthusiastic, M card has been copping a hiding.

IMHO , I thought hang on, if EO offered something like a free EO gift which self-promotes anyway (no not the sticker!) or some mthly special with new memberships they would probably see a dramatic increase in membership. Now before you go off and start saying what more do you want!... hear me out.

Just like me I'm sure there are a big number of casual users that sit on the fence and need a little push. This would create more funds, allow other projects on EO's drawing board to get started, works for everybody.

It doesn't have to be a costly move, just 1 up from the sticker, say max $10 frieght if you order enough to get membership on your first order...??? or whatever.

I'm sure I'm not alone.....OK, if I am I bl.....y join quicksmart and shut my trap.

Thought it was an idea to throw out there anyway.

Ohh... bugger it! ........

"LOVE I'm joining.....again!....."
"yes dear......dinners ready"

cheers all
Jac
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Lone Wolf - Tuesday, Jul 06, 2004 at 19:16

Tuesday, Jul 06, 2004 at 19:16
I sort of consider it like user pays..........

If you use it a lot, then pay......

Good friends on this site, You've no doubt seen my pathetic attempts at getting a free sticker from David, without buying anything, all along, it was nothing but a p.isstake!

Just join.

Cheers

Wolfie
AnswerID: 66705

Reply By: mr diamond - Tuesday, Jul 06, 2004 at 19:30

Tuesday, Jul 06, 2004 at 19:30
gday jac.
there is nothing more important in life than becoming a member of this absalutley fantastic site.the more funds david can get the better and better(if its possible)this site will soon become.
its only $50 money very well spent theres nothing i can or probly any one in fact could think of a better way to spend $50.
go on take the plunge you will feel so good when you have.
cheers
AnswerID: 66708

Reply By: Member - KG (QLD) - Tuesday, Jul 06, 2004 at 19:56

Tuesday, Jul 06, 2004 at 19:56
surely you need some digital maps or something??
it's not hard to spend 100 bucks (iirc it used to be 100 bucks - cant find the info on it now... maybe it's not on offer anymore?) in the shop and get free membership!

AnswerID: 66717

Reply By: Member - Roachie SA- Tuesday, Jul 06, 2004 at 19:59

Tuesday, Jul 06, 2004 at 19:59
G'day Jac,

Just tell your handbrake that if you aren't allowed to join EO, you'll probably end up getting booked for DUI cos you've been out trying to drown your sorrows and that'll cost the m/card more than the $50- for membership......at least if you're a member you'll be home a lot more (on the puter) and she'll know your not out with another bird or on the pyss.

Of course you can avoid the joining fee by buying a certain amount of grouse gear from the EO shop and then membership id free......

Good luck...
AnswerID: 66720

Reply By: Willem - Tuesday, Jul 06, 2004 at 20:05

Tuesday, Jul 06, 2004 at 20:05
Watch out Humpty Dumpty....I am coming to PUSH you....hehehehehe

Go buy Oziexplorer mapping software from the EO shop and get your membership free.....too easy.
AnswerID: 66721

Follow Up By: Member - Ruth D (QLD) - Tuesday, Jul 06, 2004 at 20:35

Tuesday, Jul 06, 2004 at 20:35
Hello you lot, remember me? Well, Member-Glenn's here tonight. Thought you were 'up the bush' Willem. We had PP Juice last night with EO visitors!
FollowupID: 327468

Follow Up By: Lone Wolf - Tuesday, Jul 06, 2004 at 20:42

Tuesday, Jul 06, 2004 at 20:42
Okay!!!!

I've had enough! What the HELL is PP juice?

Cheers

Dumb Wolf
FollowupID: 327471

Follow Up By: Mad Dog (Victoria) - Tuesday, Jul 06, 2004 at 21:20

Tuesday, Jul 06, 2004 at 21:20
Could be a lot of things but in this case it refers to Willems speciality which is Prickly Pear Juice. Supposed to be yummy with ice cream
FollowupID: 327476

Follow Up By: Muddy 'doe (SA) - Tuesday, Jul 06, 2004 at 21:27

Tuesday, Jul 06, 2004 at 21:27
Geez Ray, we could strung wolfie along all night on that one!

Have sampled to goods myself. Mmmmmmmm!
FollowupID: 327478

Follow Up By: Willem - Wednesday, Jul 07, 2004 at 09:31

Wednesday, Jul 07, 2004 at 09:31
Hello Ruth,

Yes we remember you fondly...where have you been.....OK don't tell me, you have been working hard while Ian has been away fishing!!!

We are going north tomorrow after breakfast. Just waiting for some property to be auctioned off this afternoon. If the price is right I will throw my hat in the ring, if not, too bad.

Say G'day to Glenn and family. I will have to send you some more PP juice as you have been lavishing your share on various reprobates.....hahaha
FollowupID: 327539

Reply By: GOB & denny vic member - Tuesday, Jul 06, 2004 at 21:17

Tuesday, Jul 06, 2004 at 21:17
sorry wolfie i know what it is but icannot divulge you will have to go to the manufacturer and ask

steve
ps i believe it goes well with ice cream
AnswerID: 66735

Reply By: Bitsumishin - Mike A (WA) - Tuesday, Jul 06, 2004 at 22:08

Tuesday, Jul 06, 2004 at 22:08
Jac, I've only got a couple of points to make. First, it's easy to spend the required amount in the shop to get free membership ( it even includes gratuitous advertising like caps and stubby holders). Secondly, everyone keeps referring to membership as $50-. It's only $30- per year. Sure there's a couple of extra dollars in the first year but surely SWMBO doesn't need to know about little trivialities like that. Anyway, I'm with Wolfie, if you use it, then pay, its the best way to ensure the site remains profitable for David & Michelle so they keep it going & coming up with all these terrific ideas.
AnswerID: 66752

Reply By: paul2.8d - Wednesday, Jul 07, 2004 at 09:27

Wednesday, Jul 07, 2004 at 09:27
You know what i say, "#@*$" it and join, because im gonna join next week after reading this post which has inspired me to hand over $50.00 after next pay,(lots of bills this pay) because just the help and info ive gained from other people on this site has to be worth a lot more than $50.00, and i agree with Wolfie, if you use it, pay for it. Ive been a visitor for about 6 months now, so bugger it, im in!

Cheer's Paul.....
AnswerID: 66789

Sponsored Links