Selfcentred Drivers

Submitted: Thursday, Jul 08, 2004 at 08:25
ThreadID: 14473 Views:1928 Replies:5 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Yesterday as I was driving home in my Jackaroo I came up to a corner which was left turn only. My mistake was I stalled my car and unbeknown to me my battery plug had decided to come loose. So here I am trying to start the car and nothing.New battery, so my first thought was my Delkor had gone south on me.No hazard lights nothing. So I turn to the car behind and apologize and try to move my car(1.6 tonne).Anyway this joker comes into my undertaking side and ........I knew him. he rolls down his window and says " having problems". I told him my car wasn't going anywhere because I had no Battery. So the p!@#K winds up his window and DROVE off. Now because he has undertaken me to get past, every other person thinks they can do it as well. Here I am trying to push a car to the side of the road and they are getting between me and the gutter. I was so p!@#$d off I just pushed my car and heaven help any person between me and the gutter. I got it of the road and no misshaps. Jiggled the plug and got the car started. Drove home angrier than a hornets nest being used for soccer practice.

Anyway my reason for telling this story was the fact that last night I was Angry and I wanted to apologize to David from Exploreoz for the way I wrote about the membership details. After I read it it seemed rather a nasty post(14458).

PS the bloke I knew in this story is a baker and I hope all his cakes fall flat.

Sparkie(IE not Y) ;-)

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Roachie SA- Thursday, Jul 08, 2004 at 10:53

Thursday, Jul 08, 2004 at 10:53
What a "A" hole he must be.....in fact what about all the other no-hopers that just drove around you?? Obviously you live in a city, cos out here in the bush, the first "fair-dinkum" bloke who saw you there would have stopped and given you a hand. Jeez I'm glad I don't live in the big smoke!!!
AnswerID: 66927

Follow Up By: Member - Alan- Thursday, Jul 08, 2004 at 12:43

Thursday, Jul 08, 2004 at 12:43
Sounds like a Perth driver to me! I drove buses for a living years ago and trying to change lanes to turn right was very difficult. They didn't seem to understand that because my indicators were flashing I was trying to tell them what I wanted to do.
The only way to get it through their thick heads was to flick the indicator and pull in front of them immediately.
Just like they do! Pigs.
FollowupID: 327704

Follow Up By: cokeaddict - Friday, Jul 09, 2004 at 19:32

Friday, Jul 09, 2004 at 19:32
Hey Roachie,
Thats an oustanding rig you got there mate. I like it alot...can i borrow it...pleaseee ?
FollowupID: 327917

Reply By: greydemon - Thursday, Jul 08, 2004 at 12:56

Thursday, Jul 08, 2004 at 12:56
Not all of us in Perth are like that, I seem to spend my life towing people out of trouble (ripped the tie down hook right off one van!).

The reason I write however is to put Alan right. Vehicles in Perth are NOT fitted with indicators. Local regulations have seen them replaced with similar devices called 'confirmators'. These are briefly activated AFTER you have turned/changed lane. They are there to confirm that you have just turned, hence the name.

8-)

AnswerID: 66947

Follow Up By: Member - Alan- Thursday, Jul 08, 2004 at 13:42

Thursday, Jul 08, 2004 at 13:42
Most are if not all Greydemon. And I stand corrected on the confirmators!
I often wonder why they bother fitting things like indicators or mirrors as they are really only used as you say to confirm what they've done ...... mirrors are for a quick glance to check what that scream of tyres was after they've ducked in front of you on the so called freeway!
FollowupID: 327712

Follow Up By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Thursday, Jul 08, 2004 at 19:11

Thursday, Jul 08, 2004 at 19:11
AMEN! I spend most of my working day driving around Perth and yeah... What can you say, I actually laugh out loud in the car at some of the stupid things you see.
FollowupID: 327766

Follow Up By: rickwagupatrol - Thursday, Jul 08, 2004 at 21:12

Thursday, Jul 08, 2004 at 21:12
Jeff.
u want a good laugh,,,and a few heart attacks ,,,then come with me for a day in the truck,,,,i'm driving up and down Dixon Rd in Rockingham 11 times a day,,,,got to the point where i just use my 42.5 ton to push my way through the bleedin idiots.

rick
FollowupID: 327782

Reply By: Wazza (Vic) - Thursday, Jul 08, 2004 at 15:50

Thursday, Jul 08, 2004 at 15:50
Hehehe, reminds me of the time a girl in a Hyundai Excel was parked in front of me at the lights. She had the the hazard lights on and the trafffic was banking up behind her. I was about 30th in line. She had stalled and it refused to start. After about 3 traffic light changes, I had made it to the front of the line and parked behind her and put my hazard lights on. I got out and asked what was wrong and she said it wouldn't start. She had a baby in the back and was practically in tears. She said she had called her boyfriend and he was on his way. I told her I would give her a push and pushed her around the corner. I left my car for about 30 seconds while I did this with the hazard lights on. When i returned, while I was trying to get into my car, about the traffic was passing me on the wrong side of the road trying to get past and not leaving enough room for me to get in. 3 of them tooted at me and one yelled at me. Tossers. Can't believe that out of 3 or so traffic light changes and 30 odd cars, I was the first to offer help.
AnswerID: 66968

Reply By: Lone Wolf - Thursday, Jul 08, 2004 at 18:00

Thursday, Jul 08, 2004 at 18:00
"Anyway my reason for telling this story was the fact that last night I was Angry and I wanted to apologize to David from Exploreoz for the way I wrote about the membership details. After I read it it seemed rather a nasty post(14458). "

Mate, I thought it was funny!

Cheers

Fully Charged Wolf
AnswerID: 66989

Reply By: Sparkiepete - Thursday, Jul 08, 2004 at 18:34

Thursday, Jul 08, 2004 at 18:34
Thanks Guys I am glad I am not the only one with driving horror stories.

Roachie, off all places, I live in Bundaberg, QLD and we are a country town with city attitudes.(because most of this town's people are from the cities)

Sparkie(IE not Y) ;-)

AnswerID: 67005

Sponsored Links