The enemy

Submitted: Sunday, Jul 11, 2004 at 11:20
ThreadID: 14558 Views:1681 Replies:4 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Forgot to mention this in my previous thread and it desrves its own space anyway.

At Gembrook yesterday we stopped to checkout the camping ground. Whilst there about nine young blokes, with stubbies under their arms, piled into 3 4bys and took off with lots of revs, lots of wheelspin and mud everywhere. It's these d!ckheads that force govt to close these areas off to all of us.

Gembrook is also very popular with trail bikes. Nothing wrong with bikes and if they kept quiet no-one would complain. But they all seem to think the louder the better. You can hear the things for miles.

It's this foolish behaviour that will ruin it for the rest of us. I am tempted to write to the Police Minister and demand a greater Police presence to rid us of this vermin. My concern is that enough people do complain they'll probably take the easy way out and shut the place down.

Anyone interested in forming a vigilante group?

Jim.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: mr diamond - Sunday, Jul 11, 2004 at 11:41

Sunday, Jul 11, 2004 at 11:41
it would be easier to take down regos and dob the p..cks in.
AnswerID: 67306

Follow Up By: Bluegeorge - Sunday, Jul 11, 2004 at 19:18

Sunday, Jul 11, 2004 at 19:18
Trouble with taking down rego's and dobbing them in is... I have an after market pipe, which IS quiet but like most blokes I also have my stock pipe. It literally takes 5 minutes to swap my pipes, this means if my bike were loud, I could make it legal for an inspection and then remodify it in around 10 minutes. Next week and the week after that you dob me in the, before you know it YOU are labelled as the menace and the bloke who is wasting police time and resources. It's a double edged sword...

It really is a pain in the sphincter... I enjoy the bush on both 4 wheels and 2, I do my best to show a bit of common sense and think about other people in the area and what do I get for my trouble? I get labelled as an enviromental vandal.

On a happier note, I've visited a few forums and I reckon this has to be one of the best... Doesn't seem to be any hero's on this one. Next week I will attempt to be accepted as a member instead of a lurker...
Blue
FollowupID: 328072

Reply By: Member - JohnR (Vic) - Sunday, Jul 11, 2004 at 12:02

Sunday, Jul 11, 2004 at 12:02
diamond is right too, police minister is useless as tits on a bull..........
AnswerID: 67308

Reply By: Alex Callaghan - Sunday, Jul 11, 2004 at 22:55

Sunday, Jul 11, 2004 at 22:55
Jimbo,
So there where young blokes having a couple of coldies and they did a burn out at the camp site...............yeh?

You think tracks/ camp sites are being closed cause young people enjoy a drink and doing burnouts?

Firstly mate, I think most of us went through that stage. I used to dabble in a bit of circle work and be a bit of a hoon in my younger years. And to call them
D!ckheads is wrong. Young and silly........yes.

Secondly IMO the reason for track closures etc has alot more to it than a couple of young guys doing a burnout and having a beer.

Not trying to be argumentative. It's just a different point of veiw.
AnswerID: 67388

Follow Up By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Monday, Jul 12, 2004 at 13:15

Monday, Jul 12, 2004 at 13:15
Jimbo you said what I was thinking and probally wouldn't have said. Good on you mate. Sure burn outs are irrisponsible, but I tell you even the every now and then I think we've all spun the wheels somewhere for a laugh.
As far as drinking beer goes.... Well, I'm a bad as anyone. I think it comes down to being aware of other people around you and keeping them in mind before you do anything that may be too noist, always clean up after yourselves and keep the environment in mind at all times!
FollowupID: 328143

Reply By: Dave from Fraser Coast 4WD Club - Monday, Jul 12, 2004 at 07:27

Monday, Jul 12, 2004 at 07:27
and it's not just young ones either.

How many of us know someone that just has to see how far they can go in 2wd, or how far they can go before lowering tyre pressure, these people also contribute to track damage!
AnswerID: 67399

Follow Up By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Monday, Jul 12, 2004 at 13:17

Monday, Jul 12, 2004 at 13:17
Yes I know what you mean, I've see a few sets of trip notes recently that state things like "you don't even need to lower your tyre pressure on these sand tracks".
I've gone and done the tracks and yeah, you don't "need" to but your chewing the crap out of them if you don't...
FollowupID: 328144

Sponsored Links