Article Review: ExplorOz Traveller

My Article Rating: My Rating 2/5

Why no support for apple laptops? It is disappointing to discover, after paying for the app, that "You must use a compatible web-browser: either Chrome, Edge, or Opera."
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Tuesday, Jun 06, 2023 at 20:52

Tuesday, Jun 06, 2023 at 20:52
HI Mark,
I think you may not fully understand what's going on here.

Firstly, let me explain that the PAID app is the full offline capable app. On the Apple platform, the app is designed for iOS devices (iPhones, and iPads). Not MacBooks.

The "Web-app" is something totally different - this is an online version of the app that is launched from the ExplorOz website so you are using your web browser to use it.

The web app is for online planning, map browsing etc and is a complement to the paid app and is only available as a members service.

The webapp requires a webbrowser that supports WebSQL as it has the tools required for the complexity of the map engine. Not all browsers are the same. Safari which is the default webbrowser in Apple devices does not run WebSql so you need to use another browser.

If your device does not have one of these browsers installed, you simply download it (free) yourself from the App store.

Hope that helps
Michelle
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 643782

Sponsored Links