Mt Augustus

Hi everyone he is our latest video of our travels around WA. Our route took us along the Great Northern Highway to Karrara Rangelands for an overnighter, then to Nallan Lake (recommended for over night stop and onto Mt Augustus via Meekatharra (Landor - Meekatharra Road). The video features the restored Mt Gould Lockup on the way to Mt Augustus (plenty of wildflowers), the challenging summit hike and the many attractions within the National Park. This included the Emu Hill, Cattle Pool and the short hikes to view the petroglyths (aboriginal rock art).
The Mt Augustus Tourist Park is pretty much the only place close to camp - but it reasonably priced , has a bar/restaurant and fuel is available. Happy Travels!

Cheers Mike and Kendra

Mt Augustus - Western Australia
Back Expand Un-Read 5 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Duncan2H - Thursday, Aug 17, 2023 at 19:28

Thursday, Aug 17, 2023 at 19:28
The Mt Augustus Summit Hike was the highlight of my recent WA trip.. I thoroughly enjoyed it, my son and I did a fast paced hike up and down.

The subsequent reading of the coroners report into the deaths on that hike was certainly a sobering read.
AnswerID: 644297

Follow Up By: Mike & Kendra Cruisn1 - Thursday, Aug 17, 2023 at 21:33

Thursday, Aug 17, 2023 at 21:33
Yes - care needs to be taken on this hike . We found a hiker who had lost her way. Lucky we came along before she came to grief. The ranger was most concerned when I spoke to him.
FollowupID: 924312

Sponsored Links