Let's show our support :) Bring out your quick reviews

Submitted: Saturday, Aug 19, 2023 at 21:01
ThreadID: 146132 Views:2741 Replies:7 FollowUps:17
This Thread has been Archived
Hi there ??

I love the app, it's been excellent for me to discover more of WA when so many places I want to go are offline!

I saw that https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/exploroz is one of the top listings went people search for ExplorOz reviews.

But it only has a handful of reviews. And a few bad apples at that.

Let's jump on it and throw up a quick top-rated review for ExplorOz ??

Drop a quick review here to help out: https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/exploroz
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Andrew L - Sunday, Aug 20, 2023 at 08:50

Sunday, Aug 20, 2023 at 08:50
I am a non user. Its a pity this forum is now the h.e.l.p forum.
AnswerID: 644309

Follow Up By: Member -Pinko (NSW) - Sunday, Aug 20, 2023 at 09:01

Sunday, Aug 20, 2023 at 09:01
What does that mean?

Living is a journey,it depends on where you go !
VKS 737 mobile 0049 selcall 0049

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 924322

Follow Up By: GarryR - Sunday, Aug 20, 2023 at 09:15

Sunday, Aug 20, 2023 at 09:15
I am with Pinko on this one. Please explain your meaning. If you have a disconcerning problem with this forum (as stated), why do you not share your problems. Many things can be discussed to help solve problems, as this is what it does. Help others who need it, or not sure.
location - Warragul -Victoria
life is too short, so out and about enjoy

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 924323

Follow Up By: Member - McLaren3030 - Sunday, Aug 20, 2023 at 10:44

Sunday, Aug 20, 2023 at 10:44
I understand where Andrew is coming from. There is a help desk associate with Exploroz where if you have issues with the either Exploroz or the Traveller or Tracker apps which is where they should be lodged. The developers of the apps and this Forum are in the best position to give the definitive answers to pretty much all questions being asked.

Macca.
Macca.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 924325

Follow Up By: Stephen L (Clare) SA - Sunday, Aug 20, 2023 at 22:31

Sunday, Aug 20, 2023 at 22:31
What Andrew is saying from what I read is the forum has now become as problem solver for the Traveller and Tracker App and mapping.

So many people get sick of the same questions that get asked here and many of the members here now would have no idea how 5 plus years ago, it was a fun forum.

Then the Gestapo is their Black Leather coats, stepped in, held tight reins on what could be said and you could not get into friendly chats with friends.

Back in the good days there were so many helpful people all giving the great honest and at times fun replies with very few smart arse replies.

If you missed a day, you favourite topic you were watching would be on the next page……whereas now you could miss a month and still the same page and nothing lost.

It’s about time the fun police let go and let is get back the way it once was, if not more and more people will go to Social Media for answers that that they want to see and not Travellers and Tracker page.

The Moderators most likely will not like what I have said and will most likely remove my post and if that does happen, it will show I have touched a few nerve ends.
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 924326

Follow Up By: Member - McLaren3030 - Monday, Aug 21, 2023 at 06:41

Monday, Aug 21, 2023 at 06:41
I support most what you say Stephen. Unfortunately this forum like all the others are open to prosecution from the regulators if they do not do something about what could be perceived as hurtful or bullying, so this is not necessarily the fault of the administrators or moderators of this forum. We have been influenced too much in the past 30 years or so by the country of Litigation. If you don’t like what someone says or does, then sue them in court.

People that have grown up in the late 90’s through until now have been “spoon fed”, and don’t know how to search for help in the right place, they want everything handed to them on a plate.

This forum and the apps have either a help desk, or a manual that should be the first place to look and ask for help with a particular issue you are having with the app or forum.

By all means ask questions about road conditions, camping places, best route to get somewhere on this forum, different vehicles and caravans, different products, problems with fridges etc. have an open and frank discussion without the need for hurtful or hateful speech. That is what forums are about, just like sitting around a campfire “chewing the fat”.

There are some very knowledgeable people on this forum, I have gained a great deal of knowledge from some of the people on this forum, and have bought products that they have recommended.

Macca.
Macca.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 924327

Follow Up By: Member - LeighW - Monday, Aug 21, 2023 at 09:00

Monday, Aug 21, 2023 at 09:00
Once you turn a venture into a money making excersize things change.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 924329

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Monday, Aug 21, 2023 at 11:40

Monday, Aug 21, 2023 at 11:40
Get real folks - take a look at the Forum Rules here - Forum Rules. You'd be hard-pressed to think these rules were excessive surely?
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 924330

Follow Up By: Allan B (Sunshine Coast) - Monday, Aug 21, 2023 at 13:09

Monday, Aug 21, 2023 at 13:09
Leigh, It was always a "money making exercise". It was a business run by David & Michelle, and it still is.
They worked at it and made an income from it. That's what businesses do.
Over time, some aspects of the business changed…. some less-profitable ingredients were deleted and new ones added….. such as the mapping apps which are an outcome of David's technical expertise and Michelle's marketing and support skills. These products are outstanding and it is to be hoped that they are the financial success that D&M aspire to. I for one understand the trials & tribulations of running a business profitably and I wish them every success.

However, the Forum stood as the apparent major component of the business and was and is very popular as a place where ideas and views can be exchanged and problems answered and performing uniquely very much like a campfire chin-wag. The problem is that not everybody using the Forum contributes income to EO by subscribed membership. It would not be sufficient to support the business hence the introduction of the mapping apps. The outcome of that is that the Forum became the De-Facto Help Page which is rather swamping the campfire chat! I would guess that this was somewhat beneficial in giving publicity to the new products but annoyed some forum participants, me included. It is all very well to say 'if you have no interest then just ignore it' but that is not the way of human nature…… it can be difficult to ignore the smoke from the campfire blowing in your eyes. It could be the catalyst which causes some Forum participants to move away from the smoke and that may not be good for the Forum and the business.

It may be better to herd new users with Traveller and Tracker problems to the Help Desk but it seems that human nature loves to 'help' and some Forum members leap to respond to these people in difficulty and so the problem persists for other Forum users. It is an issue that perhaps D&M may do well to address…. and I suggest that with all respect and care.
Cheers
Allan

FollowupID: 924332

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Monday, Aug 21, 2023 at 14:10

Monday, Aug 21, 2023 at 14:10
Nicely put Allan, thank you. I would agree with all of what you say.
We have indeed addressed the issue with too much "help" posts in the Forum - there are rarely any these days. Take a look at the current first page of the Forum for a long list of wide and varied topics. But in the same breath, the Forum Faithful have to tolerate and respect that this is OUR forum and obviously our CUSTOMERS should have the right to use any of the communication channels we provide. I find it perfectly OK for them to ask the opinions of others in the Forum about which tablet to buy and other subjective issues, whereas the Help Desk is more appropriate for the objective issues.
The issues raised in the past about this balance appear to have settled.

Thanks, Michelle

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 924334

Follow Up By: Member - LeighW - Monday, Aug 21, 2023 at 15:51

Monday, Aug 21, 2023 at 15:51
Allan,

What comes to mind was when they removed the Friday funnies because from memory othe sites detected some words/expressions as racist or rude which affected advertising revenue so it was removed which was sad to see.

As for the explorer bias, as you wrote it is their website so they can push it all they want. If people aren't interested in that aspect such as myself then don't read it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 924339

Follow Up By: TrevorDavid - Wednesday, Aug 23, 2023 at 06:40

Wednesday, Aug 23, 2023 at 06:40
Kyle,

Thank you for your post.

Alan,

My human nature must be running at 50%. I certainly don’t read anything that doesn’t interest me, and yes I will leap as you say, to at least try and help out others if they’re asking for help or advice. As you do on electrical topics.

Asking a question about an ExplorOz product, on the ExplorOz forum, on the ExplorOz website. Don’t see it as a problem.

Mmmmm, I’m thinking it is human nature for some to bellyache because something doesn’t suit them.

Regards

TrevorDavid
dontyajustluvit

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 924376

Follow Up By: Allan B (Sunshine Coast) - Wednesday, Aug 23, 2023 at 07:25

Wednesday, Aug 23, 2023 at 07:25
Yes TrevorDavid, I guess you are right, some are more human than others. lol
Cheers
Allan

FollowupID: 924377

Reply By: RMD - Sunday, Aug 20, 2023 at 10:46

Sunday, Aug 20, 2023 at 10:46
Kyle
What is the difference between a Quick review and a Slower one? While a review of something may seem beneficial for some, do you believe reviews in general?
It maybe trendy to "jump on it" but exactly what are we to "jump on"?

People trying the mapping concept by EO either find they like it or not. Most do, as they provide a means t evaluate the products they offer and buy the product because it suits them. Much of the promo is done by word of mouth too!

Jump on it, throw up, Drop a quick review. Hmmmmm.
AnswerID: 644310

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Monday, Aug 21, 2023 at 14:01

Monday, Aug 21, 2023 at 14:01
Hey RMD - your reply here is most unfriendly as you are simply attacking the language that Kyle has chosen to use. Why? What is your purpose in this other than to bully him?

This particular issue has come up before in our Forum and we have had many complaints come from people saying the reason they don't use the ExplorOz Forum anymore is they are sick of getting replies from people that chastise them for their use of language, or the topics they choose to post about, or they questions they ask.

This is not acceptable. Attacking other people is unfriendly and doesn't belong here. We blame replies like this for the lack of posts that other people are mentioning 'used to be here'. There is simply no other reason than that.

Some simple tips to using our Forum are:
1. if you haven't got anything kind or constructive to say, then don't reply.
2. if you disagree or have an opinion or different viewpoint and want to reply then only do so if you are prepared to take time and be careful how you phrase it - don't be alienating to the poster but state your difference of opinion. Your reply about Quick vs Slow review is sarcastic - that is not friendly or helpful. It's just petty and antagonistic and was done deliberately to attempt to belittle the OP. You did it deliberately to stop him from posting again, well done.
3. if you believe a post should be moderated, press the Moderator link (button) below the post to alert someone to the post that can take action. Moderators are long-term Members that volunteer to keep an eye on things - they are your peers.

I am not impressed to see such a reply.

Michelle

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 924333

Follow Up By: Kyle H1 - Monday, Aug 21, 2023 at 15:37

Monday, Aug 21, 2023 at 15:37
Write a quick or slow one, you're welcome to either. Reviews are beneficial for 95% of people who read them before purchasing a product online. I don't just believe they are useful. Could jump on the topic of the post, leaving a review and supporting ExplorOz.

Yes most do like it, yet the bad apples are the loudest on online reviews so this is ask for those that appreciate EO to leave a supportive review.

If you think about it, a review is a permanent word of mouth in the digital online world.
FollowupID: 924338

Follow Up By: RMD - Monday, Aug 21, 2023 at 20:01

Monday, Aug 21, 2023 at 20:01
Hello David & Michelle
I like your product and use it sometimes. Not an expert by any means though.
I was not attacking Kyle in any way. It is not bullying and I am dismayed you are pulling the bully card and claiming same. Kyle uses trendy language which is steeped in his experience and age group, obviously. Many people who use your product do not think " jump on it" as connecting to the internet. Yes, they have heard the term but it isn't the way it is for them. It may be normal for you because you are in the computer world. Many are not.
Throw up, means different things too. Post a review, many, will always see it as and always think it of being that way.
Dropping something, is to many, the omitting of something or not bothering. Apparently it means action in Kyle's world.
Many people who are not in Kyle's world also see the terminology different to what they use on a daily basis.

I don't mind if people wish to post a positive review in support of EO. It is good and serves people well. Maybe the majority of users simply don't post reviews.

Regards
RMD
FollowupID: 924342

Follow Up By: Kyle H1 - Saturday, Aug 26, 2023 at 16:14

Saturday, Aug 26, 2023 at 16:14
Glad you find my use of language so interesting :)

Why is my language of steep descent?
When you connect to the internet are you using your own cable?
I am a part of the matrix in the computer world it is true, glad others are not all in computer world with me its too fast paced.
More people should come to Kyle's world, it's a fun theme park.

Different terminology, colloquial language and slang is always interesting :)

Glad you see the value in reviews and the value in the ask for more great reviews.

Cheers,
Kyle
FollowupID: 924398

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Monday, Aug 21, 2023 at 13:49

Monday, Aug 21, 2023 at 13:49
I think what this post from Kyle is about, is a public review page called Product Review. It's got nothing to do with the app stores or our Forum.

I've never used it personally, but seems it provides a platform for name/shame businesses. Kyle appears to be kindly asking people to take a look and maybe post something positive about ExplorOz to show a more balanced view.

We have a lot of very supportive people out there but seems people rarely post when they feel good - the incentive to post usually comes when people feel angry or upset. That's human nature I guess.

Thanks for trying Kyle but not sure our Forum users understood the intent with your post maybe?

Michelle

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 644313

Follow Up By: Kyle H1 - Monday, Aug 21, 2023 at 15:30

Monday, Aug 21, 2023 at 15:30
I think the "??" added a change of tone I wasn't intending too, I hadn't written them, I think they were emojis that werent able to be displayed so it showed them as "??".

Yes Product review is a 3rd party review platform that is one of the popular ones and shows up when someone searches ExplorOz reviews. It provides a platform for review, like Tripadvisor for tours, Product Review is frequent for product reviews.

Would love to see a few more positive contributions there, and being a supportive ExplorOz forum there could be some contributions to support the name there.

Kyle

FollowupID: 924337

Reply By: Fiona & Paul - Tuesday, Aug 22, 2023 at 10:08

Tuesday, Aug 22, 2023 at 10:08
Done Kyle -
I get a bit casual once I get on the road and I forget to share my opinion, because it is important, especially when I load Traveller or Tracker - with mob or tablet we always know where we are - we have a 2017 Colorado and the Holden GPS is 8-10 years out of date, can't be updated - in new metro or coastal areas the GPS goes blank and on backroads around Yaraka, llfracombe, Tibooburra, Bourke and White Cliffs the roads can be several hundred metres off track. So now I know about Product Review and Traveller does the job well and truly for me!
Regards Paul H
Paul H
OZ Downunder

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 644316

Reply By: Briste - Tuesday, Aug 22, 2023 at 16:57

Tuesday, Aug 22, 2023 at 16:57
I understood what Kyle was suggesting and why. The potential problem with a number of users jumping on in quick succession and leaving glowing reviews is that these platforms often have algorithms designed to prevent suspicious activity. Better to spread the reviews out.
AnswerID: 644319

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Wednesday, Aug 23, 2023 at 12:27

Wednesday, Aug 23, 2023 at 12:27
Thanks to those that have responded. There's some good ones coming in now. ProductReview.com.au

Note: this is not the app store review page but an independent web review system completely external to the app stores, external to our website etc.

If you wish, you can write a review about any part of our business, website, products, Membership etc, not just the Traveller app.

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 644323

Reply By: IvanTheTerrible - Sunday, Aug 27, 2023 at 18:51

Sunday, Aug 27, 2023 at 18:51
I love the app but it still has way to many private roads marked to be great. Also have issues figuring out what is a decent road and what is a goat track which was the issue that popped up numerous times on our last outing
AnswerID: 644341

Sponsored Links