GPS

Submitted: Wednesday, Aug 30, 2023 at 15:16
ThreadID: 146177 Views:1307 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
This Thread has been Locked
Question, I have a new iPad Mini 6. Problem is the curser does not move along the saved trek.
I am hot spotting from my phone and have Bluetooth and wi fi turned on.
I have also turned on location services.
The curser always find me when stationary.
Thanks, Barry
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Joe V2 - Wednesday, Aug 30, 2023 at 17:00

Wednesday, Aug 30, 2023 at 17:00
The following is a grab from System requirements. hope that helps

GPS REQUIREMENTS
Whilst you can use online location services via Wifi and mobile data you will also need to ensure your device has a GPS chip built in or an external GPS otherwise the app will not be able to show where you are when you are offline. NOTE:-
All phones have built in GPS and are a good choice of device.
Most Android tablets will also have a built in GPS.
Some iPads will require an external GPS as the Wifi only models do not have a built in GPS chip.
Windows laptops used for offline navigation will require an external GPS plus installation of GPS Complete software. If you are only using the device for trip planning you don't need a GPS provided you are online.
Using your phone as a Hotspot will not provide GPS when the phone is offline so this method is not a solution for offline tracking.
By default, when the app cannot detect a GPS, it will assign Alice Springs as your location.
Options for Devices without built in GPS
You can still use a device without a built in GPS, you simply need to purchase an external GPS receiver. These are very simple to use with Apple and Android devices but a little more complex to setup with Windows devices. If you need to purchase an external GPS receiver, the following are popular options – Garmin Glo 2, BadElf, Dual XGPS, Globalstat BU-353, but there are also many others that you can use. Please do your own research.
AnswerID: 644358

Follow Up By: Member - Kia1 - Thursday, Aug 31, 2023 at 14:34

Thursday, Aug 31, 2023 at 14:34
Thanks for the advice and reply
FollowupID: 924433

Reply By: Member - McLaren3030 - Friday, Sep 01, 2023 at 06:34

Friday, Sep 01, 2023 at 06:34
Hi Kia1,

Your best bet is to log a “ticket” with the help desk. David & Michelle who designed and built the system will be able to answer your questions.

Macca.
Macca.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 644361

Sponsored Links