Fitzgerald River NP Road Access

Hi folks I’m curious to hear first hand updates from anyone that has visited Fitzgerald River NP this year to confirm which tracks are currently closed etc. I’ve checked the parks website and says Pabelup Rd closed but surely you can still get to Point Anne and St Mary’s so how do you get there? Also is it possible to cross the sandbar currently and what about Gordon Inlet Road? Fitzgerald Inlet Track? Can we get through from west to east side through the park or not? It’s a complicated place to plan access on the 4wd tracks ….Maybe I’m misreading something.
Tia Michelle
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Dean K3 - Sunday, Sep 17, 2023 at 18:15

Sunday, Sep 17, 2023 at 18:15
Going on last years trip

sandbar was blown out water running from river to ocean

There is s access road track runs north of river mouth into NP which then heads south (all names ilude me) which took you to house beach this was rough as all guts with very big potholes undulation corrugations most probably cut across the sand bar. 44

the road certainly aren't maintained !

I did get furtehr east into NP via this entrance yet again roads were rough as

best info i can give -maybe worth callign the rangers base get better info from them
AnswerID: 644432

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Monday, Sep 18, 2023 at 16:48

Monday, Sep 18, 2023 at 16:48
Yeah we were there last year too and know the sandbar was covered by water, hence checking the conditions this year. There are reports that in some years this is driveable but I cannot find out any info about how frequently/how reliable. Yes I think I'll have to give the rangers a call if no one here knows.

I took a good look on the DBCA website before writing this and it is quite vague. Also seems a lot of tracks are closed (permanently? due to dieback) that would be required for west-east access but doesn't make this clear on any maps they provide.

I went in from Hopetoun in March this year but didn't get past the East Mount Barren area due to time restrictions.

thanks for replying anyway.
Michelle

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 924527

Reply By: Dean K3 - Monday, Sep 18, 2023 at 20:01

Monday, Sep 18, 2023 at 20:01
Footnote river is running across sandbar east west driver out of Adelaide in area had some footage of bremer bay sand bar on stalkbook (drone way ben something )

yes most tracks are closed for P.C and I'm fairly certain access is west side then drive around then top to east side.
AnswerID: 644440

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Tuesday, Sep 19, 2023 at 15:02

Tuesday, Sep 19, 2023 at 15:02
Thanks yes I believe you're right, after a few more days of research. Oh well....

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 924539

Reply By: Member - WA 1968 - Wednesday, Sep 20, 2023 at 13:28

Wednesday, Sep 20, 2023 at 13:28
Not sure if this helps?

https://www.ravensthorpe.wa.gov.au/council/news-publications/news/latest-road-condition-report.aspx
AnswerID: 644448

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Thursday, Sep 21, 2023 at 10:25

Thursday, Sep 21, 2023 at 10:25
For the benefit of others, I’ve contacted the senior ranger and have it confirmed that the inlet track that goes through the centre is no longer passable by any vehicles not even their management vehicles and we will be removing it from maps in a future update.

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 644457

Sponsored Links