Cuppa's Blog - Back to the Modern World

Submitted: Thursday, Sep 21, 2023 at 20:03
ThreadID: 146288 Views:1559 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Belatedly bringing you up to date with our lives via our latest blog post.

https://cuppa500.com/Blog/back-to-the-modern-world/
See 'My Profile' (below) for link to our Aussie travel blog, now in it's 6th year.

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 6 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Duncan2H - Friday, Sep 22, 2023 at 05:55

Friday, Sep 22, 2023 at 05:55
Your link is done borked..

Here's a fixed link:

https://cuppa500.com/Blog/back-to-the-modern-world/
AnswerID: 644464

Reply By: Richard M29 - Friday, Sep 22, 2023 at 23:36

Friday, Sep 22, 2023 at 23:36
As always great reading cuppa, what ever your future endeavours are I wish you guys success.
AnswerID: 644469

Reply By: Member - Keith P (NSW) - Saturday, Sep 23, 2023 at 13:55

Saturday, Sep 23, 2023 at 13:55
Suzuki Grand Vitara are a great vehicle. We have one of the very last of them ...a Grand Vitara sport..and were surprised when we bought it new that it was totally made in Japan...even the tyres !!. Pretty bullet proof and very well built...comfy too...plus goes like a rocket...has good brakes and loves the twisties.
Have used it in low 4 out the back of the mountain here and it was only limited by the original supplied tyres....a good set of normal all terains will work wonders I reckon. Get as late and unmolested model with low K,s as you can...n make sure of services and you cant go wrong... I see a lot of them being flat towed behind motor homes too ...but for me I think I would trailer it...plus that also gives more storage as well.

Cheers Keith
Nothin is ever the same once I own it ...........

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 644473

Follow Up By: Member - Cuppa - Saturday, Sep 23, 2023 at 15:14

Saturday, Sep 23, 2023 at 15:14
Thanks Keith, you have confirmed the impression of the Suzuki Grand Vitara. Those I have know with them all say they love them. We are hoping to find a 3 door, we liked that the doors on them are larger than the 5 door for even easier access & taking up a bit less space in our shed.

At the moment we can afford to wait a bit , but if time gets away on us then a 5 door will suffice. Age, we feel, is less important than mileage other than it would be nice to have one with the built in GPS navigation & rear view camera.

It will be a 'home' car, & as such we expect it to sit unused for a majority of the next 10 years (hopefully), there for whenever we are back home for a spell.
See 'My Profile' (below) for link to our Aussie travel blog, now in it's 6th year.

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 924581

Sponsored Links