from iphone to new samsung tablet

Submitted: Saturday, Sep 30, 2023 at 21:44
ThreadID: 146328 Views:1266 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi I just purchased a new samsung tablet and want to start using it for exploroz. When I try to download the app from the store it says I have to pay $60?
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Nomadic Navara - Sunday, Oct 01, 2023 at 00:19

Sunday, Oct 01, 2023 at 00:19
That is correct. There are three different apps for Traveller, one each for the three operating systems that Traveller is capable of operating on. If you are using more than one of these three operating systems then you must purchase the appropriate app for each of the operating systems you are using. Go to the top of the page and click on "Products" then on "Traveller." When you are on the "Traveller" page the "Costs & Options" tab will explain it to you. You will still be able to use your iOS device if you wish to or further along the track purchase a new iOS device and use your current app on it as well as still being able to use your Android device.

PeterD
Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 644539

Follow Up By: Member - Warren H - Sunday, Oct 01, 2023 at 14:15

Sunday, Oct 01, 2023 at 14:15
The maps however are portable across platforms.
NT Pajero
2007 Goldstream Crown

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 924669

Reply By: Member - peter g28 - Monday, Oct 02, 2023 at 11:59

Monday, Oct 02, 2023 at 11:59
Agree with what has been said.
An explanation if I may to clear up some confusion.
When you change mobile platforms..ie move from Apple device to Andriod device (in your case Samsung) ..then you have to buy another Traveller package to work on that particular specific platform.
Why?
Because each mobile platform..has their own seperate OS (Operating System), its' that stuff behind the scene so to speak, that make the laptop, smartphone do stuff when you tap on the screen.
They use different code to work..so applications have to be specifically written for each different mobile Operating System, so there is a specific Traveller App for Android OS, Windows OS and Apple OS.

AnswerID: 644546

Sponsored Links