Legendex exhaust

Submitted: Thursday, Oct 12, 2023 at 17:21
ThreadID: 146386 Views:1265 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

I was thinking of fitting a Legendex exhaust to my 80 series FZ-FE. Has anyone bought an exhaust or anything else from Legendex? They offer a full stainless kit with headers for around $1300 which seems like a very good deal...almost too good.

Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Cuppa - Thursday, Oct 12, 2023 at 19:54

Thursday, Oct 12, 2023 at 19:54
I have a Genie Stainless exhaust on our Patrol, fitted about 8 or 9 years ago. At that time they were only dipping their toe in the water with the Legendex name for their Stainless brand. There was a stuff up with the fitting & I needed to talk to them. They realised that they had modelled the exhaust on a GU Patrol model different to my Cab Chassis once I sent them photos. They asked that I give them a couple of weeks whilst they sourced a vehicle the same as mine to make a new exhaust, which they did & they sent it to me with no additional cost to me. It fitted perfectly. Sh*t happens, but they handled the situation professionally.
3" exhaust with a very mild dyno tune(for towing) transformed the vehicle making it far nicer to drive.
See 'My Profile' (below) for link to our Aussie travel blog, now in it's 6th year.

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 644604

Reply By: IvanTheTerrible - Thursday, Oct 12, 2023 at 19:57

Thursday, Oct 12, 2023 at 19:57
Straight through perforated muffler. Going to be loud and sound like a tractor. Also they are not a valid spark arrestor
AnswerID: 644605

Reply By: Andrew L - Friday, Oct 13, 2023 at 19:11

Friday, Oct 13, 2023 at 19:11
by itself, the exhaust wont make any difference to power, the headers will allow the motor will rev free-r and heat will be reduced. The brand is a good one,
AnswerID: 644607

Reply By: Member - Rob S (NSW) - Wednesday, Oct 18, 2023 at 20:00

Wednesday, Oct 18, 2023 at 20:00
Hi put a legend exhaust on my sons 03 kzte turbo hilux ,well made and fitted up well.
I was also looking at the legend full system for my 95 FZ FE 80 series.
But not enough resinators in the system imo, i didn't want any drone,
payed the extra and went for the Beaudesert 2.5" full stainless system with extractors, well made and fitted up perfect, it also has a join near the rear diff which makes it easier to fit up , you need to cut the original exhaust at the rear diff to remove it.
Haven't noticed any real improvement in economy, probably revs a bit harder? basically had to change the exhaust as the original , was rusted out after 27 years!

Cheer Rob

I only ever made one mistake
and that's when I thought I was wrong!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 644627

Sponsored Links