EOTopo upgrade

Submitted: Friday, Oct 27, 2023 at 11:26
ThreadID: 146420 Views:971 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I have tried to search on the forum but maybe I am just not doing that correctly, so if this question has been answered already, feel free to point me in that direction. I do not use Exploroz often and trying to increase that knowledge. I have lifetime membership and EOTopo 2021. I notice Exploroz EOTopo 2023 has been loaded. How often is it updated? Can we see what is included in the update? I guess ultimately it is a personal choice whether to keep updating but would be nice to see what is included. TIA, Dan
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: TrevorDavid - Friday, Oct 27, 2023 at 13:10

Friday, Oct 27, 2023 at 13:10

From the website, (Products / EOTopo), you could also view them on the website should you wish.

Changes from the 2021 to the 2023 map data are extensive but most notably include:-
*full and complete Australia-wide road data revision compiling our outback track survey and official street data updates
*improved road line stylesheet
*new data including industrial zones, retail areas, zoos, golf courses, one-way arrows, toll roads
*new contours to 10m (previously 50m)
*new terrain and hill shading style
*new dark mode style
*all new data in parks, forest, native-title, indigenous areas, mines, boat ramps, powerlines etc. Over 250 different elements in the topography data set.

The EOTopo 2023 mapset will be supported for 4 years (until 2027). During that time there is no further ongoing cost or subscription to use the maps and you can continue to download and store the 2023 map packs to your devices until 2027. The 2023 licence also offers free periodic map updates during the 2023 year. Complimentary updates will only occur to the current edition mapset (eg. 2023).

We will however, continue to release new EOTopo editions annually so when we release these new editions it’s up to you to decide if you want to purchase access to the latest map updates beyond 2023. Each Edition has a different name, representing its year, eg. EOTopo 2024. If you wish to obtain a newer Edition of maps, then you require that licence. Each licence is a new purchase. When we release new Editions, it's up to you to decide if you want to purchase a new licence or keep using the maps from the previous edition whilst they remain supported

Regards

TrevorDavid

dontyajustluvit

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 644643

Follow Up By: Member - 107 - Friday, Oct 27, 2023 at 15:16

Friday, Oct 27, 2023 at 15:16
Thank you. That is a very helpful response; much appreciated! Dan
FollowupID: 924785

Sponsored Links