Anyone having similar issue?

Submitted: Friday, Dec 15, 2023 at 01:59
ThreadID: 146675 Views:1936 Replies:8 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
So dissapointing my 2022 Daily 50c is a lemon
Joseph Cassar
Iveco is crapp, A 12mth old Daily 50c twin cab with electronic issues from day one. Computer system shuts down and lights up an array of errors, entire infotainment system shuts down, passenger airbag error, TPS error, cruise control lock down, no steering control access to sound, audio, cruise control etc, parking brake locked on and unable to disengage, siren/horn type of alarm sets off and remains for about 5 minutes even after pulling up and turning off ignition. 3 dealers up and down the East coast from Coffs Harbour, Newcastle and Brisbane unable to resolve, contacted customer service 3rd party call centre acting on behalf of Iveco arrange for a Vic dealer to once again diagnose and try to find issues and failed once more.the fault occurs intermittedly and at no notice and at any time, middle of nowhere, Impossible to talk to any representative from Iveco HQ, then Laverton Iveco service centre, Adtrans have the hide to charge me $$$$ hundreds for the time they spent looking for the problems as they claim that Iveco will not pay them for the time spent diagnosing. .Really Iveco the consumer has to pay a dealer to investigate a warranty issue and if they can't find the cause the consumer has to pay. Wow, how wrong is that. Do not buy an Iveco,

Date of experience: 14 December 2023

Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Batt's - Friday, Dec 15, 2023 at 05:31

Friday, Dec 15, 2023 at 05:31
Don't know about the problem but I certainly wouldn't be suckered into paying 1 cent for any warranty issue. You may need to find someone in a legal sence to get them back on track but first the warranty conditions need to be read and interpreted correctly.
AnswerID: 644915

Reply By: Mikee5 - Friday, Dec 15, 2023 at 07:34

Friday, Dec 15, 2023 at 07:34
That sounds like a ‘Major Failure’ under Australian Consumer Law. With such a failure you are entitled to a full refund.
AnswerID: 644917

Reply By: RMD - Friday, Dec 15, 2023 at 09:05

Friday, Dec 15, 2023 at 09:05
Joseph C4
You may be able to fix it yourself if the issue is as it seems to indicate to me, an earthing point on the vehicle may be dirty and intermittently allowing passage of current and then not. Usually happens because of heating at that point after using it , or vibration and/or movement of components.
A similar problem was experienced with a D40 Navara. A fellow I know had the vehicle in limp mode and ALL the dealers , 3 of them, said it had multiple sensor faults. Transported to selling dealer and they removed plenty of bits and without knowing what they did, one of many connection points to NEGATIVE had been removed and rebolted. They tried to start it and it ran, and then had NO sensor faults at all and they couldn't explain why, either.
Your case seems very similar.
Find and unscrew ANY negative cable lug you can find, clean it, spray with a no corrosive lube and replace it. Charge the dealer for your time of course. goes without saying.
ESPECIALLY Look for ANY connection point which would have copped sea/salty atmosphere on the shipping to OZ as that is a good starting point to ID, check and clean, Those points will be easy to get to.
If it was outboard when in transit it will have copped plenty of salt spray which soak into lugs and bolted sections.

Dealers are not good at fault finding. They only sell them! IF you find it you are due for a refund of any charges.
Iveco may be quite OK, it is the dealers who/which is/are crap.
AnswerID: 644918

Follow Up By: Member -Pinko (NSW) - Friday, Dec 15, 2023 at 12:19

Friday, Dec 15, 2023 at 12:19
Similar problem with a 100 series lc
Not until looking into the engine bay in the dark with the lights out exposed a dry earth joint sparking and that was the culprit.
Living is a journey,it depends on where you go !
VKS 737 mobile 0049 selcall 0049

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 925111

Follow Up By: RMD - Sunday, Dec 17, 2023 at 09:19

Sunday, Dec 17, 2023 at 09:19
Joseph C4

Explosive name! However, the vehicle problem could also be the result of a LOOM WIRING PLUG not connecting properly or even partially unplugged. Sometimes when gorillas fit plugs in factories they bend a pin and it touches and then doesn't and is also an intermittent fault. Unplugging loom plugs the check the integrity of any you can find is also a sensible thing to do in this circumstance.
Because loom wires are terminated with a socket or pin, occasionally one pin/socket will not seat into the plug and is withdrawn a little. sometimes touching, sometimes not. Look for that too. One pin or socket in a plug will be more recessed than all the others.
EDIT for above.
Because there are many circuits affected, it would have to be a significant wire to earth NEGATIVE termination to chassis/body AND/OR MANY wires all terminating at that same point.
Often The bolt holding such wire lugs is PAINTED inside the thread and it looks all good but the PAINT is insulating it to a large degree. sometimes connects, sometimes doesn't. Use a thread tap to clean the hole and scrape clean to metal around and under where the lug/s are bolted.
FollowupID: 925116

Reply By: 2517. - Friday, Dec 15, 2023 at 13:18

Friday, Dec 15, 2023 at 13:18
Hi Ihad a Iveco 8 wheeler concrete truck that would go into limp mode 2 or three times a week and then would not do it again for a month..After many trips to dealer one of the mechanic said I think the problem is the front left hand brake sensor (this truck had ABS brakes) which was replaced and never had another problem in 6 years,finding the problem is the hard part fixing it is easy.
AnswerID: 644921

Reply By: RMD - Tuesday, Dec 19, 2023 at 10:54

Tuesday, Dec 19, 2023 at 10:54
After looking on other sites, it seems Joseph C4 has posted the same comments elsewhere. It appears he isn't actually asking IF "anyone is having similar issues. It is European after all.
Not sure if he will be back to see if there is a possible solution OR not. He may be a ONE HIT WONDER!
Trying to get a dealer to fix it is sort of "pie in the sky' stuff, they are notoriously BAD at fault tracing, where a direct definite look by an Auto elec of ability will most likely find the fault in a short time. A multimeter is most likely the best test device.
Edit.
There is something not quite right here.
Joseph C4 is having trouble with Joseph Cassar Iveco. If the C4 Joseph was genuine he would check here to see responses, and likely fix it in a few minutes if investigated. Maybe he is just happy to be stopped for a while!
AnswerID: 644937

Reply By: Andrew L - Tuesday, Dec 19, 2023 at 12:24

Tuesday, Dec 19, 2023 at 12:24
take it back and say fix it or you want your money back, simply not fit for purpose
AnswerID: 644938

Reply By: greg b39 - Thursday, Jan 04, 2024 at 22:50

Thursday, Jan 04, 2024 at 22:50
Hi Joseph C4,

I'm really sorry to hear about the frustrating issues you've been facing with your 2022 Daily 50c. It sounds incredibly inconvenient, especially when dealing with electronic problems from day one. The range of errors you described is certainly concerning.

Dealing with intermittent issues can be particularly challenging, and I can understand your frustration with the lack of resolution. The situation with the service center charging for diagnostic time is indeed disappointing.

Have you considered reaching out to consumer protection agencies or seeking legal advice, given that these issues seem to fall under warranty concerns? It might be worth exploring your options to ensure your rights as a consumer are protected.

I hope you find a resolution soon, and that your experience improves. Feel free to keep the community updated on your progress. Thanks for sharing https://www.exploroz.com/forum/146675/anyone-having-similar-issuetensorflow certification

Thank you
AnswerID: 645035

Reply By: Ron N - Friday, Feb 02, 2024 at 23:47

Friday, Feb 02, 2024 at 23:47
If I was an Iveco manager, I reckon I'd be getting concerned about the constantly negative feedback and horror stories about Iveco vehicle problems.

These people make Jeep products look good! I reckon all these Iveco owners ought to get together and initiate a class action against Iveco, for the absolute rubbish they continue to produce, and their lack of customer support.

I know the Iveco Eurocargo truck is the biggest POS ever built, seems like the Iveco Daily is on a par.

https://au.trustpilot.com/review/www.iveco.com

Cheers, Ron.
AnswerID: 645195

Sponsored Links