Hi from Uluru

Submitted: Thursday, Jul 15, 2004 at 14:26
ThreadID: 14684 Views:1886 Replies:7 FollowUps:19
This Thread has been Archived
hello everyone....we're here for one more night before heading south....and have had a great time....loved Uluru and tegan finally asked last night on the way back from sunset viewing "but where are the wiggles?" - [previous wiggles mag featured the wiggles doing a concert at uluru....hahahhaha] have met some other members here too - Hugh from WA and Steve M from SA both were enjoying the sunset activities in the carpark last night....back soon....so shall post when I get home.....

PS ...Ruth, Bonz and co I've missed posting too...and Ruth if you want some stickers let me know...I"ve got some spare though I"ve handed a few out on this trip....

cheers

Lyn
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - JohnR (Vic) - Thursday, Jul 15, 2004 at 14:46

Thursday, Jul 15, 2004 at 14:46
Have fun there Lyn and Al, the big trip will be all a memory soon just like Simpson bogging.

Look forward to catching up on the return...................
AnswerID: 67899

Reply By: Bonz (Vic) - Thursday, Jul 15, 2004 at 15:52

Thursday, Jul 15, 2004 at 15:52
Good to hear from you online, hope the trip home is as mich fun as the one up there. Looking to hear all about it.
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 67907

Reply By: Peter McGuckian - Thursday, Jul 15, 2004 at 16:14

Thursday, Jul 15, 2004 at 16:14
Lyn, Ruth

If your sending stickers to Ruth, can you please keep one for me to pick up in Brirdsville. My one and only disappeared in the pile of junk mail we had around at the time.

We'll be up there by very soon.

Peter
Peter
VKS Mobile 1906

AnswerID: 67908

Follow Up By: Member - Penguin (NSW) - Thursday, Jul 15, 2004 at 17:14

Thursday, Jul 15, 2004 at 17:14
JUNK MAIL! JUNK MAIL!

Call the sticker police immediately. This man must be stopped before more innocent (and very endangered) stickers are thoughtlessly discarded.

Serves you right having to travel to Birdsville to get another one.

Wish it was me. Have a great trip. :-)
FollowupID: 328589

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Thursday, Jul 15, 2004 at 17:24

Thursday, Jul 15, 2004 at 17:24
There is a bigger issue at stake here, that your frivolity has shrouded in a smoke screen. There is a sticker that is unaccounted for somewhere out there. This means that there is the possibility of a non-EO person placing the sticker on their vehicle, house or forehead and illegally and sanctimoniously getting waves and smiles and accolades for their responsible driving, mowing or walking.

Obviously David has heard of this and the real reason for his visit to Victoria can now be revealed. No-one really believed he was coming to Melbourne in Winter on business did they????

In future. all stickers shall be numbered and registered to members or EO shop customers. It will be their responsibility to ensure correct placement and usage of stickers. We MUST preserve the integrity of the sticker.

Note: If anyone answering to Lone Wolf or Lone Gopher as he has also come to be known approaches and asks for a sticker, immediately call David at EO and report the approach.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 328591

Follow Up By: Muddy 'doe (SA) - Thursday, Jul 15, 2004 at 19:08

Thursday, Jul 15, 2004 at 19:08
Memo to Sgt Bonz of the Sticker Police.

Good to see you out on the beat. It is vitally important that these valuable symbols of our group identity are protected. I am happy to do my share by ensuring that whenever I see an ExplorOz sticker on a 4x4 I should pull that vehicle over and check the bona-fides of the driver to ensure they really are committed to the cause!

If I ever manage to catch up with Lone Wolf/Gopher/Hole digger I will be sure to check that he has his stickers displayed correctly and prominantly and not obscured by all those water carrier thingies!

Yours sincerely
Constable Muddy
FollowupID: 328603

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Thursday, Jul 15, 2004 at 19:49

Thursday, Jul 15, 2004 at 19:49
Fall In Constable Doe!, (we dont use FIRST NAMES here)

You are in line for a Commendation. May I suggest that the sticker carriers are pulled over by simply driving in front of the vehicle and hitting your brakes. This will pull the vehicle over and indicate our earnest and true goal of ensuring that 4WD's are driven safely and that stickers are only displayed by EO'se.

May I also caution you as to those who not only display but CARRY stickers also. If, during your "post pulling over" search of the vehicle and checking of EO membership cards, or receipts for purchase of goods from the EO shop (which SHALL be carried in lieu of Membership cards) you happen upon a carried or nonstuckonthevehicle sticker, that you insist it is displayed immediately upon said vehicle.

Do not be dismayed if you are told where to stick it, simply advise occupants of vehicle to stick it themselves.

I am reliably informed that there is a convoy of Wombat and Al proportions making its way thru your fair State, so be on the lookout.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 328614

Follow Up By: Muddy 'doe (SA) - Thursday, Jul 15, 2004 at 21:24

Thursday, Jul 15, 2004 at 21:24
Geez thanks Sarge!

Commendation Eh! How many stickers is that worth???

I'll do my best to inspect the expected cavalcade approaching from the north. I'll set up a picket at Port Augusta, if that fails I may Katch them at Kadina. If I miss them there I'll blockade Blyth. If that don't work then I won't let them breach Berri!

There should be willing deputies in all these parts that I can call on so we'll do our best Sarge. If the stickers aren't on we will withhold the EO coffee!!!

Cheers
Constable Doe :-)

FollowupID: 328631

Follow Up By: Des Lexic - Thursday, Jul 15, 2004 at 22:53

Thursday, Jul 15, 2004 at 22:53
Const Doe, The carriers of the aforesaid stickers are not transgressing through Berri this time. They will be Cavalcading in Clare on Monday before Rondezviewing in Robe. To be a Sticker Cop, you need to do your investigative work betterer.
Destitute Des.
FollowupID: 328649

Follow Up By: Muddy 'doe (SA) - Thursday, Jul 15, 2004 at 23:05

Thursday, Jul 15, 2004 at 23:05
Probably explains why I am still only a Constable.

One day I will make it to Inspector. Sticker Inspector that is!!!

What's with the "Destitute Des"? Feeling down that the visitors are passing you by perhaps????

Muddy
FollowupID: 328650

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Friday, Jul 16, 2004 at 17:50

Friday, Jul 16, 2004 at 17:50
I have spike strips arranged and will post snipers to back you up Constable. We amnt going to let this sort of threat impinge on our right to treat everone with restecp (apols to Ali G)

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 328705

Reply By: Lone Wolf - Thursday, Jul 15, 2004 at 19:38

Thursday, Jul 15, 2004 at 19:38
You guys are having WAYYYYYY too much fun and warmth!!

Safe trip home..

Cheers

Wolfie
AnswerID: 67939

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Thursday, Jul 15, 2004 at 19:41

Thursday, Jul 15, 2004 at 19:41
Read Post above Gophie

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 328611

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Thursday, Jul 15, 2004 at 23:54

Thursday, Jul 15, 2004 at 23:54
Now just how did all this Sticker God stuff start anyway???

What a huge laugh this is!

You do know of course that hundreds of them have been mailed off to those that have asked straight up for one or two?. Course, we'll send them. (but we send one with ever shop order anyway). It's just that if you ask for one on the Forum, we forget. Gotta give us a proper reminder in the form of direct communication - aka email. You'd be surprised how much stuff we forget... at least email is in your face until you delete it...if you know what I mean.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 68005

Follow Up By: Muddy 'doe (SA) - Thursday, Jul 15, 2004 at 23:58

Thursday, Jul 15, 2004 at 23:58
I'm pretty sure Wolfie started it in his previous incarnation during the process of joining up and when 'Lone Wolf' was born.

So much fun had by so many!

Muddy
FollowupID: 328655

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Saturday, Jul 17, 2004 at 13:09

Saturday, Jul 17, 2004 at 13:09
Michelle, the Sticker God is was and always will be, it is impossible to answer your question "how did it ever get started".

Lone Wolf did stir up the Renaissance of the Sticker God however.

We have heard ancient myths of "being able to email and get a sticker". We know that cannot be true, don't think you can fool us that easily, all you are trying to do is perpetuate the mysticism of the Sticker God, who we believe to be Currently In Melbourne as at 17/7/2004, although it is rumoured that he didnt make the Melbourne Gathering of EO, further adding to the mystique that is: THE STICKER GOD.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 328795

Reply By: Member - Pesty (SA) - Friday, Jul 16, 2004 at 19:04

Friday, Jul 16, 2004 at 19:04
Constable's Pesty and Roachie have the convoy from the north in our satellite vision and are directing them to a safety zone, where we will ply them with smooth beverage to gain all the truths of their recent past, before letting them move on to other pastures. A report for Inspector Bonz will be posted as a matter of protocol.
AnswerID: 68075

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Saturday, Jul 17, 2004 at 13:11

Saturday, Jul 17, 2004 at 13:11
Good Work recruits. Keep Sergeant Muddy Doe in the loop though we don't want these ones to slip thru our fungers.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 328796

Follow Up By: Wombat - Saturday, Jul 17, 2004 at 18:12

Saturday, Jul 17, 2004 at 18:12
I'll never let any secrets out - unless of course you torture me. . . . . but why should I have all the fun. See you Monday Constables!
FollowupID: 328813

Reply By: Lone Wolf - Friday, Jul 16, 2004 at 19:20

Friday, Jul 16, 2004 at 19:20
Is there another EO outing foe the South East coming up?

I have also heard Whyalla is also on the agenda.....

Who'se in charge of all this South Australian EO stuff and get togethers and camping and, well, stuff?

Can I come? Can I come? Can I come? Can I come?

Whoops, sorry Lyn for hijacking your thread......... hello......... goodbye.........

........ now, back to camping and stickers and camping and, everything........

......... where are we going?
AnswerID: 68078

Follow Up By: Mad Dog (Victoria) - Friday, Jul 16, 2004 at 19:57

Friday, Jul 16, 2004 at 19:57
I don't think anyones in charge Wolfie. If you wanna arrange something go ahead and advertise and see how many suc..err...takers you get.
I'm sure there's a few who would like to meet you. Might even come myself.
FollowupID: 328722

Follow Up By: Lone Wolf - Friday, Jul 16, 2004 at 20:12

Friday, Jul 16, 2004 at 20:12
Mmmmmmm.......

Would like to organise something, but you know me.......

........ can't stand being the centre of attraction.........

Cheers

Rent a Crowd Wolfie
FollowupID: 328723

Follow Up By: Mad Dog (Victoria) - Friday, Jul 16, 2004 at 20:26

Friday, Jul 16, 2004 at 20:26
Get with it Wolfie....pick a nice place in SA.....hmmm.....I see your prob lol

Pick a nice place near SA....plently in Vic

Pick a date and tell us about it
FollowupID: 328724

Follow Up By: Lone Wolf - Friday, Jul 16, 2004 at 20:51

Friday, Jul 16, 2004 at 20:51
Ray.........

....... holiday weekend with a theme.......... Indiana Jones sort of thing....... digging....... you know where I'm headed don't you..........

Seriously....... I am sure that I had read something about Robe & Whyalla.

Cheers

wolfie
FollowupID: 328733

Follow Up By: Des Lexic - Saturday, Jul 17, 2004 at 10:31

Saturday, Jul 17, 2004 at 10:31
Lonesome Wolf, You need to have an indepth look at yourself.
You were invited to Berri in June and you declined.
Don't know of a EO gathering in Whyalla but there will be one in Robe in early November that Eric is co-ordinationg.
Imprint your paw mark on your diary now so that you have no excuse for not turning up this time.
FollowupID: 328785

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Saturday, Jul 17, 2004 at 13:15

Saturday, Jul 17, 2004 at 13:15
Robe is the word! (It used to be Grease) Come along Wolfie, and there will be games and prizes and a chance to obtain a certified sticker. Constables Pesty, Muddy Doe and Roachie will be enforcing the stick-on policy.

The Sticker God may have to increase his deity budget and actually come along to some of these EO-ventures

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 328797

Sponsored Links