New Account - Problems with Downloads

Submitted: Friday, Feb 09, 2024 at 14:12
ThreadID: 146945 Views:730 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Greetings

Just joined and purchased Traveller. Setting up on my Pixel 6 Pro.

Working my way through, go the account set up done and then tried to download all the necessary files via the Data Manager.

I get to 1% and then "A timeout or connection issue has caused the download to abort - please try again". So I did.

Same same each time - tried switching off my private DNS and still get the same thing.

Not a real helpful message - anyone have any clues what might be the issue

TIA

Nigel
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Nomadic Navara - Friday, Feb 09, 2024 at 20:43

Friday, Feb 09, 2024 at 20:43
If you go to the bottom of this page, in the black area, you will see a heading "Help Desk." Click on that and follow the prompts. You will get assistance from the authour of the programme - much better help than you will get on an open forum.
PeterD
Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 645255

Reply By: Member - Mark (Tamworth NSW) - Friday, Feb 09, 2024 at 20:57

Friday, Feb 09, 2024 at 20:57
Nigel
Not much help, but I purchased Traveller today for a Microsoft device today and have had no problems downloading it and the maps. Needless to say, log a call with the Helpdesk on the Traveller section of ExplorOz, but with the creators of the App presently travelling it may be a few days before they respond. Hope someone else manages to guide you to a solution, having used it for a few years on my Android devices, it's a good product.
Mark
AnswerID: 645257

Reply By: Unimog - Friday, Feb 09, 2024 at 21:13

Friday, Feb 09, 2024 at 21:13
Thanks guys. After multiple attempts over an hour or so (with a welcome email for each attempt) the stars aligned and the downloads downloaded.

Could not respond before now as my account was new?
AnswerID: 645259

Reply By: Member - McLaren3030 - Saturday, Feb 10, 2024 at 07:10

Saturday, Feb 10, 2024 at 07:10
Hi Unimog,

The help desk should always be you “go to” in order to trouble shoot any issues. You now seem to have resolved your problem, however, I would still encourage you to become a member of the Exploroz Community.Membership has a few “perks” that non members do not have access to. You can either join on a yearly basis, or take up a lifetime membership.

Regards, Macca.
Macca.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 645262

Reply By: Zac S3 - Friday, Feb 23, 2024 at 23:43

Friday, Feb 23, 2024 at 23:43
I often have a similar problem with updates, but after a while everything loads. I think it's a problem with my internet connection. It's not always good. I think it's the same for you.

Hi everyone, this is my first post.
AnswerID: 645370

Sponsored Links