Transfer folders from one Android device to another

Submitted: Friday, Feb 16, 2024 at 22:55
ThreadID: 146998 Views:903 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
How does one do this? I can't find any FAQ on the site or how this might be done.

thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Nomadic Navara - Friday, Feb 16, 2024 at 23:13

Friday, Feb 16, 2024 at 23:13
I access the files and add files to my phone and pad through my laptop. I connect the charging lead to a USB port on the computer, open a file explorer and open up the phone. The files on the Android device can be viewed as a normal external drive on the computer.

No doubt there are other ways, but that's the way I do it. If I keep watching this thread, I may find some alternate methods.

PeterD
Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 645306

Reply By: SCUBADOO - Saturday, Feb 17, 2024 at 07:08

Saturday, Feb 17, 2024 at 07:08
I have multiple USB flash drives for data storage and file/folder transfers with suitable adaptors to match our various micro USB and USB-C phone/tablet connections using a suitable file manager.
Our devices are all Android and I usually use the free Total Commander file manager app available from the Playstore or even better direct from their website.

Be aware that with each Android OS update Google is making it more and more difficult to find and export data from many apps by making the default /Android/Data folder all but invisible.
There are still methods to bypass this G madness though.

Store important data in other folders if you can.

AnswerID: 645308

Follow Up By: Brett P10 - Saturday, Feb 17, 2024 at 16:44

Saturday, Feb 17, 2024 at 16:44
HI, I was referring to the folder function in Explorer Oz. I have created a folder for a trip and saved and created places in it on my android tablet. I would like to have these on my phone but it is a lot of work to do it all again. How do I move or sync these folders I have created in Exploree Oz with my Phone?

ta
Brett
FollowupID: 925596

Reply By: TrevorDavid - Saturday, Feb 17, 2024 at 21:26

Saturday, Feb 17, 2024 at 21:26
Brett

Assuming you have set up your folder correctly & plonked the data into.
Help guide in the App, using maps & data P7 if you need to check.

Ensure you are logged into the App on your phone with the same login as on your tablet, in data manager, hit the sync button.

You could also go into settings, data manager & enable auto sync.

Edit: The app on the phone would need to be installed from the play store using the same play store login as your tablet or via family sharing.

Regards

TrevorDavid

dontyajustluvit

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 645312

Sponsored Links