Exploroz compatible devices for motorcycles

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 18, 2024 at 15:44
ThreadID: 147012 Views:934 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
I'm looking to use Exploroz on an upcoming motorcycle adventure. I've run it on my phone in the past but find the screen too small, too dull, and just fiddly to use (especially with gloves on).
Has anyone had experience using a tablet such as a Carpe Iter https://carpe-iter.com/ on their motorcycle?
Will any Android tablet run Exploroz? Is there a better option?
Back Reply Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Raymond W3 - Monday, Feb 19, 2024 at 15:30

Monday, Feb 19, 2024 at 15:30
Yes, I used Carpe Iter. For me, it's good. The device is amazing, but to be frank when I started to ride, I started to have a lot of vibration on bumpy roads and when I was pushing the bike to rev limits. I’m sure when I’ll do an off-road test,fnaf 2 I’ll not see a damn thing on it because of the enormous vibration. .
AnswerID: 645324

Reply By: Member - Jim S1 - Tuesday, Feb 20, 2024 at 13:03

Tuesday, Feb 20, 2024 at 13:03
Isn't there some photos of a rider with his iPad mounted on his bike ( definitely off-road ) in this forum somewhere ??
Michelle and David might be able to help.

Cheers
Jim
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." A fisherman.

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 645331

Reply By: Member - Murray R (VIC) - Wednesday, Feb 21, 2024 at 12:22

Wednesday, Feb 21, 2024 at 12:22
l meet a bloke from New Caledonia a few years back at Birdsville riding a KTM enduro and he had been up to Cape York and elsewhere before meeting me. He had an apple ipad cable tied to his handle bars using it for navigation and video. The video footage showed me was good quality and he said that he had not had any problems with the ipad. Might be worth a try.

Murray
Another Mexican

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 645341

Follow Up By: Member - Mork - Friday, Feb 23, 2024 at 11:29

Friday, Feb 23, 2024 at 11:29
Thanks Murray
I've decided to try an 8" Ulefone Armor Tablet as a test device. I've read of others using Samsung pads and iPads etc so we'll see how it works out. I'll post a report here when I get it mounted on the bike and have had a chance to try it out.
FollowupID: 925638

Reply By: Member - Boxer Mechaniker - Friday, Feb 23, 2024 at 20:26

Friday, Feb 23, 2024 at 20:26
A better forum to collate some information is advrider. A much higher probability that someone has a similar motorcycle and GPS requirements than here.

If you want to delve into DMD2 then you can talk to the developer, John, directly. As you may understand DMD2 have moved from Carpe-Iter to Topicon. The products are avaialable via the Thork website.

There are some other Android options like the Tab Active 3 and even Garmin have a few units. A lot of development in this motorcycle area and DMD2 are leading the way followed closely by no-one.
AnswerID: 645366

Reply By: rapid80 - Thursday, Feb 29, 2024 at 07:09

Thursday, Feb 29, 2024 at 07:09
Hi Mork
I've been using an Ipad mini with Exploroz Traveller on my bike. Its been fine, even with a few tumbles.
Mounted with an ArmourX case and handlebar mount.
AnswerID: 645415

Sponsored Links