GPS query

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 20, 2024 at 14:17
ThreadID: 147035 Views:771 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
Just wondering if anyone has used a Dual XPS 160 SkyPro. If you have used one of these gps recievers, have you encountered any problems with charging and pairing. Thanks in advance
location - Warragul -Victoria
life is too short, so out and about enjoy

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Reply Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - zeropoints - Wednesday, Feb 28, 2024 at 20:28

Wednesday, Feb 28, 2024 at 20:28
Hi Garry R, have been using one of these pucks for about 2 years with an ipad display. Bluetooth pairing means separate usb cable to charge, which is better than throughput from ipad with some other gps devices. Quick to achieve position lock. Doesn't need to be charged continuously during use, will run for 6 - 7 hours unplugged. State of charge is easy to check.
So far very reliable.
AnswerID: 645412

Follow Up By: GarryR - Thursday, Feb 29, 2024 at 08:15

Thursday, Feb 29, 2024 at 08:15
Hi zeropoints, I purchased the xgps160 as it was ipad compatable. When I recieved it, there were no lights as if there was insuffucient power. Tried charging to no avail. Ipad wall charger, from the computer and from the ute. Gave up after 2days and a couple of phone calls to the supplier hence returned and was suppiled a replacement. Just bad luck I thought.

Second new device, opened box and have power lights on etc. Here is where it get tricky. Placed the supplied cord into device and instantly all lights disappear, no power. Once again tried charging using supplied equipment to no avail. Rang supplier and we both do not know what is happening, so to make it easier I have gone back to the 150A on the advice of 2 other members from this forum whom I respect greatly over the years. One of these members has the 150A and new had an once of trouble. The other member is tech savvy and has a similar product, but both could not enlighten me to any issues

I do not know if it is a crook batch or not, and awaiting to hear back to the problem that has plagued me. The supplier is a reputable aviation supplier here in Melbourne. I thank you for your input that you own one , but did not state directly whether it is the 150A gps or the new 160 gps

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 925704

Reply By: Member - zeropoints - Thursday, Feb 29, 2024 at 14:16

Thursday, Feb 29, 2024 at 14:16
Hi GarryR, managed to muck up an earlier response somehow, first time I've done this. my unit is the sky-pro 160 to an iPad7 for exploroz app. A friend has the 150A and neither of us have had any issues, also we're not techie type people either. After downloading the app at the app store, there may have been a firmware or software update to do but i'm hazy on exactly what i did. Your experience must be so frustrating. Sorry i can't help more.
Regards, zeropoints.
AnswerID: 645417

Follow Up By: GarryR - Thursday, Feb 29, 2024 at 15:27

Thursday, Feb 29, 2024 at 15:27
Thanks for your input. It seems to be a power problem. It will not switch on, or any lights to glow showing power on or enabled. We have also tried to download update, even though power light not on. In both cases absolutely zip.
The receptionist I spoke to has been great, and will try and enlighten me down the track to what has been happening. Yes it has been frustrating to say the least.

Cheers GarryR

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 925708

Sponsored Links