Doing up a G60 Patrol

Submitted: Saturday, Jul 13, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1482 Views:6134 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi, i was considering buying an old G60 Patrol off a mate and doing it up. I was wondering if anybody knew of a 5 Speed Gearbox i could possibly bolt straight onto it, as the old 3 Speed on the 4l 6cyl engine really does make it a petrol guzzler.
Also, are there many parts available for these vehicles?

Thanks

Ryan
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Willie Kempen - Friday, Jul 26, 2002 at 00:00

Friday, Jul 26, 2002 at 00:00
G'day Ryan. I have a 1978 G60 Patrol with a 5 speed Marks Adaptors(Melbourne) gearbox. Unfortunately these gearboxes are out of production. Contact Marks and ask them about a compatible gearbox. After searching for 6 months for a new vehicle to suit my needs I have given up and have decided to stick with my old dear screaming orange 'Datsun' G60 with 450,000 on the clock and I am busy spending the intended purchase money instead on replacing worn out parts and toys such as a new suspension, a long range fuel tank, a new winch, new roofrack, new seats, new HF radio, GPS, trackmaster software, Notebook, new Engel etc. The Nissan is not the most comfortable vehicle but it is bullet-proof and virtually unbreakable. I have made a fold up bed over a false floor in the back of the vehicle and it works well. I have had 20 4x4's over a period of 30 years. The best offroad vehicle was the Landcruiser FJ55 but it rusted out and it was the most unreliable. The most reliable vehicle is my Nissan MWB G60 Patrol. Cheers, Willie
AnswerID: 5166

Sponsored Links