jackaroo with acceleration surge

Submitted: Tuesday, Jul 20, 2004 at 10:41
ThreadID: 14837 Views:3656 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
on recent trip to rudall a couple in our group, without internet, explained how their jackaroo has power surges when idling along at low speeds.this can happen in car parks or 4wdriving. their family and one of our club members experienced it when test driving their car. they have asked a few jackaroo owners and they didnt have this problem.the salesman drove it but he seemed to slip the clutch to overcome the problem and told them to alter their driving style(same old story).
no luck in search area so if anyone knows of
1) a common problem with jackeroo's?
2) the fix
its a 2002 3ltr turbo diesel manual SE ,apparently it has does not use an accelerator cable.
thanks on their behalf , howie
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, Jul 20, 2004 at 10:59

Tuesday, Jul 20, 2004 at 10:59
I'd as the dealer for it in writing that he wants the owner to ride the clutch.

I would take the Workshop manager for a drive and show him with your mate driving not the Manager.. show him it does happen.

Failing that letter to Holden..

Sounds more like Nissan with warranty probs than Holden..
AnswerID: 68606

Reply By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Tuesday, Jul 20, 2004 at 12:23

Tuesday, Jul 20, 2004 at 12:23
Yeah I think Truckster's on the money, the "drive by wire" is obviously not working correctly, or worse those spiffo cat injectors are leaking oil into the motor and it's burning that giving it a surge. (not sure how practicle that is, but I have heard of jack engines that won't turn off because they were running on their own oil when the injector seals packed it in).
But at any rate, it's still under warranty, get them to fix it before it runs out, instead of trying to "fob" them off until it's too late. Try a different dealer, it should still be under factory warranty.
AnswerID: 68627

Reply By: Savvas - Tuesday, Jul 20, 2004 at 12:48

Tuesday, Jul 20, 2004 at 12:48
Forget the dealer ... online query straight to Holden's Customer Service dept. (www.holden.com.au).

Tell them the problem, what the dealer has suggested, and that you are not satisified with that response and you want it fixed. Make sure you give them a telephone contact. You will get a response within 24-48 hrs and they will take it up with the dealer on your behalf. And it will be fixed.

They can't ignore this method because if the fault leads to an accident or injury after you have advised them, they will be liable through professional negligence.

It worked for me and to get a $600 repair done to my transmission, under warranty, 18 months after the warranty expired.
AnswerID: 68631

Reply By: The Banjo - Tuesday, Jul 20, 2004 at 13:55

Tuesday, Jul 20, 2004 at 13:55
The throttle body is driven electronically from the accelerator pedal. I have the 99 SE TD - and have not had a surge problem at any stage. I have an error light permanently on the dash (from oil on the O2 sensor I think - Unifilter problem - see other posts) but other than that she always runs sweetly).
AnswerID: 68645

Follow Up By: Member - Sparkie (QLD) - Tuesday, Jul 20, 2004 at 19:54

Tuesday, Jul 20, 2004 at 19:54
I have a 92 jackaroo v6 and I have the problem of surging when I dont give it enough gas on take off.When I press the clutch back in the engine surges up to 1500 rpm. I just thought it was something built into the car.Also mine is cable driven accelerator.

Sparkie(IE not Y) ;-)
FollowupID: 329228

Reply By: Turbos - Thursday, Jul 22, 2004 at 15:01

Thursday, Jul 22, 2004 at 15:01
Gooday,

I have a 200 TD Jackaroo and mine has some weird idle / rev problems that sound somewhat similar to the surging that you describing. I recently did a post on the subject so you can read more about my problem there. My can is currently getting looked at and both holden and isuzu are scratching their heads as well as united fuel injection who are fixing my vehical. At this stage they suspect it is an oil regulator switch, however they are not 100% sure as a new one has not been fitted yet so they have not had a chance to re-test the car on the dyno. Tell your friends not to give up on the jacks, they experience some problems but what car does'nt. P.s. my mate who constantly bags my Jackaroo had his GU 3.0 L give way last night - apparently its now slower than a diesel hilux!! It WAS a great car.
AnswerID: 69041

Sponsored Links