got camper, have engel thanks im ready to go

Submitted: Tuesday, Jul 16, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1503 Views:2225 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
just a quick thanks to all the people that have posted questions on this site. I have found it to be the most valuable source of info anywhere, I have even impressed some dedicated campers with some of the things I have learnt. I just bought a cameron camper with a 7x4 sea craft trailer and cant wait for the weather to turn good to get out there. I finally decided on a 40L engel fridge, due to there good name and praise from fellow campers. I looked at the waeco but to me they looked quite cheaply made and the way the lid sealed put me off. Im sure the great fridge debate will live on for many years to come. I am now in process of playing with camper to suit my needs. It currently has no seal on back tailgate and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what they used?? I was thinking a combination of foam and and some self adhesive flange sealant (like a heavy duty double side tape). Lisa and I have finally got our going away plan alltogether after talking about it fot what seems like a decade(3 years really). We are in south east SA and are travelling over to WA on working holiday, stopping off in port lincoln first for a few months. Well once again thanks to all and happy camping.
See you on the flip side swogger
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Cruiser - Wednesday, Jul 17, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, Jul 17, 2002 at 00:00
Have a great trip, you lucky sods..........
AnswerID: 4908

Reply By: John- Wednesday, Jul 17, 2002 at 00:00

Hi,
Find yourself a "Clark Rubber" store (Have a look in the yellow pages)
They sell all sorts of sealing material including Special Rubber Strips in any lenght that have Sticky glue on one side.....its about an inch wide and about 1/8 inch thick...perfect for tailgates on trailers.
Good Luck
John
AnswerID: 4924

Reply By: Nigel - Wednesday, Jul 17, 2002 at 00:00

Gotta agree with John, I've found the Clarke Rubber stuff to be quiet dust/water proof. Have a good trip.
AnswerID: 4929

Follow Up By: Swogger - Thursday, Jul 18, 2002 at 00:00

Thursday, Jul 18, 2002 at 00:00
thanks again, we have a rubber and plastics store nearby so i will pay them a visit.
FollowupID: 2111

Sponsored Links