Different 4WD prices for different states!!!

Submitted: Wednesday, Jul 28, 2004 at 01:11
ThreadID: 15078 Views:2138 Replies:7 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Just browsing on the tradingpost now... and I can notice that prices for 4WDrives are cheaper in other states than VIC (GQ patrol I was searching for) especially in QLD and WA. Does anyone have experience with buying 4WDrives from other states? What additional cost are involved, any complications that may come up etc.

Thanx
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Baz (NSW) - Wednesday, Jul 28, 2004 at 07:25

Wednesday, Jul 28, 2004 at 07:25
Yep sure do, we were looking around for a 4b and ended up with the Explorer buying it in VIC, it was $5000 cheaper than the cheapest one here in NSW. In our search we found that NSW was the dearest state for cars. Eric i'll be talking to you soon !!!

Baz.
AnswerID: 69996

Reply By: Lone Wolf - Wednesday, Jul 28, 2004 at 07:27

Wednesday, Jul 28, 2004 at 07:27
The 4 x 4s in Vic hold their value because they are only used to drop kids off at school.

In the other states, we actually use them properly! LOL!!!

Okay, I'm a runnin'......

Cheers

Crow eating Wolf
AnswerID: 69997

Follow Up By: Big Kidz (Andrew & Jen) - Wednesday, Jul 28, 2004 at 07:35

Wednesday, Jul 28, 2004 at 07:35
Aaaaaaaahhhhhhh!! Where's the logic.

It's coz we have the Hi Countree - where you rooly needa fourby. The other states call driving on dirt roads 4wding. Real hills needs real 4wd's needs real dollars....

You should try a hill one day.
FollowupID: 330217

Reply By: waveslave - Wednesday, Jul 28, 2004 at 10:47

Wednesday, Jul 28, 2004 at 10:47
If you wanna cheap truck, you should try the auctions. That's where I bought mine. You are out there bidding against the DEALERS! The dealers always mark up around 6-7k or more for a 4b so you know your getting a good deal. Only prob is you can't drive it(usually). But there are often NRMA or equivalant inspections. Look for ex. govt./fleet auctions that include dealers. Be careful, sometimes they have auctions that are for the public only, and the prices are much dearer. I looked for nearly 3 mths for mine, Just on the net. If they're good, they'll upload photos of the cars with specs/description. I ended up paying $34,800 for my 01 Troopy with a BB/Winch/Driving Lights/Suspension Upgrade/Recaro Seats and only 32000ks!!! Gotta be on ya toes though, coz they sell a car a minute there. You have to learn Jibberish!
AnswerID: 70019

Reply By: Rob! - Wednesday, Jul 28, 2004 at 11:02

Wednesday, Jul 28, 2004 at 11:02
Hi Dragan,

I live in Brissy and bought my Terrano south of the border at tweed heads. There really wasn't too many extra costs involved. You will just need to get your own RWC and new rego. I got a refund from NSW RTA for the remaining rego minus $20 admin fee. When you reregister in your state you will also need to prove that the Stamp duty has been paid to the state that you bought the car in.

You can't get away from the tax man.

R.

AnswerID: 70022

Reply By: Coops (Pilbara) - Wednesday, Jul 28, 2004 at 11:13

Wednesday, Jul 28, 2004 at 11:13
a lot of ex-miners in WA (and probably Qld too) so don't be influenced by that as the cheaper ones are nastier
AnswerID: 70026

Reply By: Member Eric - Wednesday, Jul 28, 2004 at 20:49

Wednesday, Jul 28, 2004 at 20:49
People people people . A car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it , no tricks no gimmiks . Just one thing , if you see me in a public auction bidding on a car . Run for your life , its probably mine and im running up the price on it . I use public auctions to get rid of Sh*t boxes , If I need to buy a car at Auction , I will use a dealers only Auction.

Some goverment departments will only sell there vehicle to a public Auction , this takes time to sit around and wait for that one bargain. If your got time on your hand , go for it .

Last advice , if your going to bid on a car , dont let the auctioner know his got a live one . Make sure your the last bid . Always bid after the second hammer . If you bid early they will run you hard .. I know I know , its against the law , but hey , it happens .
AnswerID: 70111

Follow Up By: waveslave - Wednesday, Jul 28, 2004 at 21:54

Wednesday, Jul 28, 2004 at 21:54
You're deadset right about the auctions. I went to 2 without cash before I bought mine and just watched. Like you say, you can't bid early and There are false bidders. They do it so quick, and just point into the crowd at some guy, who raises his no. 2inches above his folded arm, if at all. Hell, it happens so quick, you can never really be sure. You're also right that you gotta have time. But if you stick to the ex-govt/fleet auctions only, mixed in with the dealers, you won't buy a lemon.bleepe, the Bloody Troopy was still under warranty!, as were most cars there! The way I look at it, I saved about 5k plus accessories for a few days of my time I reckon that's a good investment of anyones time.
FollowupID: 330333

Reply By: floyd - Wednesday, Jul 28, 2004 at 20:58

Wednesday, Jul 28, 2004 at 20:58
A friend here in my town in Victoria just baught a Troopy turbo diesel and payed several thousand less from a dealer in the NT. local dealers were more expensive and couldnt supply one
AnswerID: 70118

Sponsored Links