Car Top Boat Loader

Submitted: Wednesday, Jul 24, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1556 Views:5789 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Can anyone help? about 12 months ago I saw a cruiserwith a boat on the roof the wright way up with a loading system that allowed it to be unloaded directly on and off without tipping the boat over, even straight in and out of the water. thanks anyone PETER
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mudguts - Wednesday, Jul 24, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, Jul 24, 2002 at 00:00
The rack was probably a Rhino Rack - cost around $1800 fitted and do work well. The Rhino boat loader has no floor in it and
those I've seen sit about 6-8 inches above roof creating a lot of drag and lets all the showsenhousen drip all over the roof

They are available through most 4 WD joints, ARB agents amd marine deale I have just buit a rack using Rhino brackets,
frame from stainless and top/floor made from regenerated polyethylene which is similar in strength to teflon
but much cheaper ($90 an 8ft x 4ft sheet x 10mm) lighter than ply, or alluminium sheet and won't wear out. Boat slides easily on
this stuff and enables it to be more multi purpose when leave boat home. At a pinch I could sleep up there if the 'gators get that thick

cheers.
AnswerID: 5095

Reply By: LARRY - Wednesday, Jul 24, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, Jul 24, 2002 at 00:00
HELLO Peter and brother opposite lock also have a car top loader in there range but from the picture in the other Magazine the boat sits on the 4wd roof up side down and lift of the car over the back and places the boat on the ground behind the car . Opposite locks toll free number is 1800624444 or www.oppositelock.com I hope this helps to make a poor fisherman better. Love to the cook Larry.
AnswerID: 5114

Sponsored Links