System Email Validation and Logon

Submitted: Wednesday, Jul 24, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1565 Views:1611 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
To all usersI have just installed part one of a three part user validation system. What does this mean? Good question.Included in part one is the ability for every person to update your Mail List profile and validate your email address with the system. After you have done this you will be able to logon to ExplorOz using your email address and password (Members & Customers - you will need to validate your email but your logon is still via your member/customer number and password). I have also included in the logon system a method of allowing you to Auto Logon to the system so every time you visit the site from your computer you may be automatically logged on (Cool - you don't even have to remember your password). When you post a question/reply/followup etc you will be sent an email with a link in it, all you need to do is follow the link and you will be able to setup a screen name and password. Once saved you will be prompted to logon and away you go. The system will automatically fill in your screen name and email in every part of the site that asks for it.Please let me know if you are having problems send email to david@itbeyond.com.au or reply to this forum thread. I have limited access to every browser type etc so a little testing and patience/feedback may be required.Hope you like it - All the best DavidPS Parts 2 and 3 are for locking down the access to only allow logged on user to be able to submit questions, answers, trader ad's, fuel price updates etc etc. So please get used to the new system. I expect to be turning on these features in the next few weeks, including a user newsletter etc.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Wednesday, Jul 24, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, Jul 24, 2002 at 00:00
Oh yeah,If you want to run the validation without submitting a question etc click here and enter you email address the system will handle the rest.Good luck David
AnswerID: 5120

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Friday, Sep 13, 2002 at 00:00

Friday, Sep 13, 2002 at 00:00
Word test email to check prohib words system - bleep bleep bloody bleep - Dick Smith. Bat bleep blah blah blah....
AnswerID: 6603

Sponsored Links