Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 27, 2001 at 00:00
ThreadID: 160 Views:1641 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Ill be travelling through WA,NT in September. Do I need passes for the Great Central Road, Sandy Blight Juntion Road, Gary Junction Road and if so from who?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Brian - Monday, May 14, 2001 at 00:00

Monday, May 14, 2001 at 00:00
If travelling east of Warburton on the Great Central Road, permits are required although the road undergoes name changes from (Giles) Warakurna Road House on. Both the Sandy Blight Junction and Gary Junction Roads also require permits. Hema Maps produce a series known as Great Desert Tracks which gives detailed information regarding areas requiring permits and phone numbers of the various people to contact. You can start with Dept of Aboriginal Affairs W.A. on (08) 9235 8000 and Central Land Council, Alice Springs (08) 8951 6320.
AnswerID: 463

Sponsored Links