Birdsville to Innaminka via <span class="highlight">Haddon</span> Corner

Submitted: Monday, Sep 06, 2004 at 11:59
ThreadID: 16060 Views:2574 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone recently been to Haddon Corner and can advise the condition of the track. On searching the archives, it appears that this track is only 14 km's long and there may be a couple of sand hills to get over. One of the group is taking an off road caravan, is it possible to take this to Haddon Corner or will it have to be left at the turn off while we have a look? Also, any info on the condition of the track south down to Innaminka would be appreciated. Thanks.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John (Vic) - Monday, Sep 06, 2004 at 12:48

Monday, Sep 06, 2004 at 12:48
No way will you get an off road caravan over those hills.
And the Arrabury Rd gibbers will make mince meat out of it.
Leave it at home.

The Arrabury Road from the Birdsville Developmental to Innaminka is just that not a track but is covered in gibbers making it a lumpy ride with heaps of rocks thrown out, hard on tyres, but easily doable in a 2 wd as long as it's not wet.
VKS737 - Mobile 6352 (Selcall 6352)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 75314

Reply By: Willem - Monday, Sep 06, 2004 at 18:45

Monday, Sep 06, 2004 at 18:45
Was there in May. Yeah the road is OK. I have to disagree with John. You may be able to get an offroad van in to Haddon Corner. There are only two sand hills to cross over and both are pretty mild. If in doubt leave the van at the first dune. The road south to Innaminka was corrugated as you would expect and once in the Innamincka Reserve there are a few sharp bends in places. Quite fascinating country. In some places it is extremely flat and barren and in other places it is a picturesque drive along the dune corridor.
AnswerID: 75366

Follow Up By: Member - John (Vic) - Monday, Sep 06, 2004 at 20:16

Monday, Sep 06, 2004 at 20:16
Willem he said "Caravan".
Not off road camper van.
He wont get a caravan over those dunes, off road camper trailer is a different proposition.
VKS737 - Mobile 6352 (Selcall 6352)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 335132

Reply By: David O - Tuesday, Sep 07, 2004 at 20:26

Tuesday, Sep 07, 2004 at 20:26
I have pics of the dunes if you want them. We were there in April. They are pretty tame dunes but no way in the world you will get a road caravan over them without lots of "fun" or a D7.

David
AnswerID: 75573

Sponsored Links