Going West in School Hols

Submitted: Monday, Aug 05, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1652 Views:1506 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
My parents and I are planning a trip from Newcastle down to Melb, to Adel, up to Alice and back via the plenty highway in Oct.
I don't want to go in school hols for fear of being over run by littlies? Is this such a problem or is it totally differantout west?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Tuesday, Aug 06, 2002 at 00:00

Tuesday, Aug 06, 2002 at 00:00
Tim, its not the littlies that are going to run you over, but their parents! Yes, it is true that more people do travel during school holidays, however areas such as Alice Springs are busy all season (May - Oct is peak) as this is the ideal time to be there. Most of Oz is well promoted both domestically and internationally so its not just us Aussies on the road either. If you are going from Melb to Adel via the Great Ocean Rd then this is really going to be crowded too. Don't let this stop you from going however - just be prepared to share and look for more out of the way camp options. By the way, the Plenty Highway will be less busy than any other routes you have listed. Have you read all our trek notes for these areas yet?
AnswerID: 5428

Follow Up By: Tim - Tuesday, Aug 06, 2002 at 00:00

Haven't read the notes yet, its on the 'must do' list, we are actually looking at the hols next year anyway.
Tim
FollowupID: 2349

Reply By: michelle - Tuesday, Aug 06, 2002 at 00:00

dont worry about the kids, its the 4x4 drivers who are on amission to make the loudest noise, play loud music, drink and swear all night
ong as they are with there mates, who have left there wives and kids at home, this is my experiance every where by the way we have three kids and they dont make any noise after 7.30 pm as they are asleep. happy travelling, kids always say hello
AnswerID: 5437

Reply By: The MALS - Friday, Aug 09, 2002 at 00:00

Friday, Aug 09, 2002 at 00:00
Tim, We have just completed 4 weeks in the centre (2 of those during school holidays) and the kids were not a problem. They are usually so tired after their big daily adventures they are ready for sleep quite early.
We had no problems with noisy campers and just enjoyed meeting all the different types of travellers (kids included).
AnswerID: 5531

Sponsored Links