Places to go on the south coast of WA

Submitted: Tuesday, Aug 06, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1657 Views:2067 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Does anyone know of any good offroading in the south coast of WA near dunsborough?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Alex - Tuesday, Aug 06, 2002 at 00:00

Tuesday, Aug 06, 2002 at 00:00
G'day, theres a fairly mild track along the Blackwood River (I think), alternatively a bit further south there's the beach north of Hamelin Bay towards Boranup, and even further south Black Point east of Augusta. Near Pemberton, there's Yeagerup dunes, and Callcup Hill leading down to the beach and the mouth of the Warren River, and a fair number of forestry tracks thru the tall timber that can be "interesting" at times. Its several years since I've been there, but I have fond memories of dented and bent chassis!! (I should have picked my path a bit more carefully). But seriously, take care and you'll be right. Hope this helps. Cheers, Alex.
AnswerID: 5451

Follow Up By: Rayj - Tuesday, Aug 06, 2002 at 00:00

Tuesday, Aug 06, 2002 at 00:00
Hi,We went to Yeagorup and Calcutt last Augand it was a great trip. Fantastic dunes and some challenging bush tracks.Plenty of good camping spots.A must do weekend.Remeber to follow the posts through the dunes though.Ray
FollowupID: 2345

Reply By: RALPH - Wednesday, Aug 07, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, Aug 07, 2002 at 00:00
HIGH MATE, Tried warren river near PEMBERTON and D'casterue national park great ocean samon fishing though the run back up from beach can be tough take someone with you. REGARDS RALPH
AnswerID: 5463

Reply By: jono - Wednesday, Aug 07, 2002 at 00:00

carlos,
went to warren river over easter, great trip, lots of fun sand driving. can be lots of people around during the school holidays so pick your dates carefully if you can!! Calcup Hill (Yeagerup Dunes, Warren River) can indeed be a bit of a tough one. i sat at the top and watched this one bloke in a brand new patrol take 6 attempts at the hill, and his tyres were down to 16 PSI!!!!! everyone i spoke to said that they reckon you need to go down to about 10psi to make it easier on the car, and after being there myself i agree with them. Hyden and Wave rock have some tracks around the area and there are good forrest tracks around the blackwood river and further south eg denmark and walpole. I went down this track (called Boat Harbour Road) off the road between denmark and walpole. starts as a gravel road and works its way into soft sand and then down to the beach and some very nice private bay's. Have fun.
AnswerID: 5468

Reply By: Wendy - Wednesday, Aug 07, 2002 at 00:00

Carlos
There are a couple of good little magazines writen by the guys at Western 4wdriver. One called "Weekends out of Perth" and the other is "4WD Day out of Perth". They are available at camping stores, 4WD stores and at some Newsagents. Only $10.95 each.
AnswerID: 5470

Reply By: Ken - Saturday, Aug 10, 2002 at 00:00

Saturday, Aug 10, 2002 at 00:00
Hi Carlos if you want some four wheel driving really close to Dunsbourough why not try the 3 Bears track? Take Hemsley Rd a couple of k's east of Yallingup and follow it through, it becomes an easy costal 4x4 track that runs for about 15 kilometers and emerges near Sugar loaf rock.Great views and well worth a go. Regards Ken.
AnswerID: 5576

Sponsored Links