Take your mobile to the Cape

Submitted: Friday, Aug 16, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1738 Views:1578 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
From the Telstra newsroom (http://www.telstra.com.au/newsroom/): "Thursday Island is one of eleven remote communities to receive mobile phone coverage over the coming months as part of a $6 million project to extend Telstra’s CDMA mobile phone network to Cape York and the Torres Strait. Other communities set to receive coverage over the next few weeks include Bamaga, Weipa, Coen, Lockhart River, Laura, Hopevale, Kowanyama, Pormpuraaw, Lakeland and Aurukun." Regardless of what you think of Telstra, they are doing a great job for residents and travellers by bringing CDMA service to more and more bush locations.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Trevor - Sunday, Aug 18, 2002 at 00:00

Sunday, Aug 18, 2002 at 00:00
Hello StephenF - If you are on a CDMA contract do the calls cost the same as a normal contract? If you want a (bad) opinion on Optus, just ask. Trev PS Don't sell Telstra
AnswerID: 5795

Reply By: StephenF - Sunday, Aug 18, 2002 at 00:00

Sunday, Aug 18, 2002 at 00:00
Trevor, I don't sell Telstra either but I'll be getting a Telstra CDMA next year when my current contract runs out (and I start travelling). There are so many plans and options now it's hard to be definite, but CDMA costs seem to be the same as GSM.
AnswerID: 5796

Reply By: jono - Monday, Aug 19, 2002 at 00:00

Monday, Aug 19, 2002 at 00:00
Any mobile plan that you can go on with GSM you can go on with CDMA. The coverage is without a doubt superior. And when i signed up a couple of months ago, they were running a CDMA promotion and you got 50% off calls for the first three months or so, i'm not sure if this promotion is still running. The selection of handsets available is improving and so are the accessories available. PS - i highly recomend a built in car kit with an external aerial, in some situations i get almost double the coverage when using the car kit. Cheers jono, a very satisfied CDMA customer.
AnswerID: 5826

Sponsored Links