Jackaroo 3.0 TD

Submitted: Thursday, Aug 22, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1788 Views:2000 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I have a 08/00 3.0 TD Jackaroo which is just coming up to its 40k service. I have taken it on the beach twice since Jan 02 and have found that the clutch slips when I got back on the blacktop. The first time I was on Teewah beach towing a camper trailer however the second time (last week) I was on Moreton Island with no trailer. Most of the time I was in low range 3rd or 4th gear so as not to overtax the drive train. I bought the vehicle to use in a limited capacity as an offroader (2 or 3 times a year) and also to tow a 20 ft caravan when I retire in about two years. However if I am going to continue to have clutch problems, I will have to think again about my plans. Anybody experienced any problems with this model??
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Tim - Thursday, Aug 22, 2002 at 00:00

Thursday, Aug 22, 2002 at 00:00
John,
Can't say I have had the prob in mine, however low range can be quite taxing on the sand and I have heard and I practice only using low range to reverse out of sticky sitations because it puts more wear and tear on the clutch.
Tim
AnswerID: 5935

Reply By: Savvas - Friday, Aug 23, 2002 at 00:00

Friday, Aug 23, 2002 at 00:00
John ... I have an auto Monterey so I don't have any first hand experience with this. But I have read in various places about sand getting into Jackaroo clutch housings quite easily. I haven't seen any solid remedies though. One of the state Jackaroo clubs may be able to help.

AnswerID: 5951

Sponsored Links