Vrilya Point

Submitted: Sunday, Aug 25, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1813 Views:1472 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
G'day all,
Heading up there in Sept and just wondering if anyone has any recent experiences on the Developmental Road or similar?

I have been reading the old posts and saw comments about the roads back in 2001.

Thank You

BB
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Kev - Sunday, Aug 25, 2002 at 00:00

Sunday, Aug 25, 2002 at 00:00
Hi Ian. We went to Vrilya Point in 1999. I know this is not recent but if you have a tinny there is an excellent fishing creek about 3km north of where you come out onto the beach. Just turn right and travel the beach north you pass an old wrecked lighthouse tender and then the creek. The creek is fairly wide and navigable for some distance up stream, we didn't get any barra but it is excellent conditions in the right conditions. We found that if we fished where the fresh met the salt water there was heaps of G.T's to be had.
Also if you turn left onto the beach about 200m south there is some coffee rock exposed at low tide. We set out tent near these rocks and found a fresh water creek just on the beach on the north west corner of the rocks, if you look closely you can see the water running, there was also mud crabs secreted in the rocks for the pickings at low tide
AnswerID: 6022

Follow Up By: Ian - Monday, Aug 26, 2002 at 00:00

Monday, Aug 26, 2002 at 00:00
Thanks Kev, my mates and i will definently be fishing whilst up there, I'm already looking forward to the mud crabs, don't get many of them on the south coast of NSW where I live!!

Regards
BB
FollowupID: 2644

Sponsored Links