chescold fridge 3 way

Submitted: Sunday, Sep 01, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1875 Views:3378 Replies:6 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
does anyone know how to get a chescold 3 way fridge to freeze? it was working but one day when unloading it out of my fourby I sat it on the end now it wont even get cool. I read some where that if you roll it over it helps can anyone help please
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Tony - Sunday, Sep 01, 2002 at 00:00

Sunday, Sep 01, 2002 at 00:00
Gerry, If you do a search I think you'll find someone suggested turning it over or maybe storing it upside down (?). I store mine upright haven't had any probs so far (used 6 times in 18 months). It will probably freeze if cranked up whilst running on gas, that's when mine is coldest. Cheers, Tony
AnswerID: 6250

Reply By: Darian - Sunday, Sep 01, 2002 at 00:00

Sunday, Sep 01, 2002 at 00:00
From my experiences, try.........
Rotate the thing a couple of times, back and forth to stir up the fluid
(while looking at the front/side of the unit, the rotation would be left/right).
Run it on gas, while perfectly level (12 volts and non level seems quite ok while mobile).
Should be a goer......keep in mind that performance is relative to local air temp....in really hot weather, freeze will be hard to gain....in really cold weather, they run too well and you have to turn them off a lot. Also, make sure the back grill area gets plenty of gently moving air.....very important, "they" say.....if the exchanger round the back can't shed heat, you are in trouble......BOL..dp.
AnswerID: 6255

Reply By: Brian Noyes - Monday, Sep 02, 2002 at 00:00

Monday, Sep 02, 2002 at 00:00
I have just the answer you are looking for. I have a Chescold 3 Way Fridge/Freezer and have been thru the whole thing. Thanks to some great advice off this forum I am now a very happy user. The simple answer is to store the unit upside down. My unit would not freeze at all or even get cold so I contacted the manufactures who raved on with bleep such as - It needs a service as the LPG you buys these days is watered down - you must service the unit at least once every 12 months and that when using on LPG it will burn out the little burner in no time. I have now been up through Central Australia and over to WA and run it on LPG, 12 Volt and 240 Volt with no worries at all. I have my Commodore Station Wagon wired in the back direct from the battery and have to be careful not to turn the Chescold up too high as it will freeze travelling along. DON"T FORGET to unplug it every time you stop or as I have learnt in a very short time - a flat battery. Anyway the "upside down" storage does the trick and just turn it up the right way a few hours before you are heading off for your trip. Hope this will help. It is a pity that manufactures don't back up their product with some factual advice. Have just been reading on the forum about the EVACOOL. Sure looks like a brand to keep away from.
AnswerID: 6264

Reply By: gerry - Monday, Sep 02, 2002 at 00:00

Thanks for the info chaps very much appreciated Iwill be able to get a cool drink with out buying another fridge
AnswerID: 6284

Reply By: FM - Monday, Sep 02, 2002 at 00:00

Place the Chescold in an Engel - turn up to about 3/4 - should freeze in no time :)).
Cheers
FM
AnswerID: 6294

Follow Up By: Coops - Tuesday, Sep 03, 2002 at 00:00

Tuesday, Sep 03, 2002 at 00:00
I love it - good work !!!
FollowupID: 2800

Reply By: Goran - Tuesday, Sep 03, 2002 at 00:00

Tuesday, Sep 03, 2002 at 00:00
Gerry, i agree with the advice about storage. Looks like you got an air lock in your fridge. Tip it upside down, leave for couple of minutes and turn upright. That should fix the problem. As for the increased performance, install couple of computer fans under heat exchanger unit. It makes big difference.
AnswerID: 6330

Sponsored Links