alchol in Finke

Submitted: Sunday, Jan 02, 2005 at 13:13
ThreadID: 19004 Views:2020 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Whats the go with alchol not allowed in Finke, is it okay to have it in your fridge just driving thru and not displaying that you have alchol on board, also what is the fuel situation in Finke as well, any comments would be appreciated
Cheers Peter
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: toymn8r - Sunday, Jan 02, 2005 at 13:26

Sunday, Jan 02, 2005 at 13:26
Peter

Technically you are not even allowed through Finke with alcohol in the vehicle at all.
If you must travel through I would remove the alcohol from the fridge/ freezer for the duration of the trip through.
You could take a chance and leave it there but better safe than sorry. It is very unlikely but if caught with alcohol in the community you run the very real risk of having vehicle confiscated.
Diesel is available and so is unleaded at the moment. There is a possibility that you will not be able to purchase unleaded for much longer at most communities.

Regards
AnswerID: 91001

Reply By: Banjo (SA) - Sunday, Jan 02, 2005 at 16:07

Sunday, Jan 02, 2005 at 16:07
For all practical purposes it appears that if you are driving through Finke as a tourist, you do nothing ! If you were to stay there for an hour or two (can't think why) would definitely be best to have it all well hidden. If you were going to stay a day or two etc. it would be quite silly to have any at all. I guess that's how the law see's it. One thing is for sure - you don't see great piles of beer etc sitting by the signs on the approaches to the town !!
AnswerID: 91010

Reply By: D-Jack - Sunday, Jan 02, 2005 at 22:09

Sunday, Jan 02, 2005 at 22:09
Hint - the authorities have the right to inspect any storage area/container used for transport or storage of drinks, like eskies, fridges, possibly roller tubs etc. They don't have the authority to search clothes bags etc. Having said that, if anyone plans on going into Finke or any other dry town and doing the wrong thing with the alcohol I hope they get caught!
AnswerID: 91028

Follow Up By: Banjo (SA) - Monday, Jan 03, 2005 at 09:31

Monday, Jan 03, 2005 at 09:31
Indeed.
FollowupID: 349640

Reply By: johnsie - Monday, Jan 03, 2005 at 14:45

Monday, Jan 03, 2005 at 14:45
http://www.ntholidays.com/nt/ntholidays/maps_info/geninfo/alcohol.html
AnswerID: 91106

Reply By: Footloose - Monday, Jan 03, 2005 at 18:49

Monday, Jan 03, 2005 at 18:49
Unlike a Govt aircraft in Qld, you are unlikely to get stopped and searched unless you are pretty blatent about what you're carrying. Don't advertise it and if its only enough for youself then common sense should prevail. (But not if the last lot of yobbos tried flogging some to the locals...you never know) Stop and try and sell it to the locals, or stop and let them see you have it and goodbye holiday. And I'd be the one of the first to agree. The rules are there for a reason. Might seem stupid to us but they aren't. A better course of action is not to take any into a community.
AnswerID: 91137

Sponsored Links