Camping At Tipplers

Submitted: Monday, Jan 03, 2005 at 08:39
ThreadID: 19021 Views:5547 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
We are going camping at Tipplers and was wondering if anyone can give us any info regarding the camp grounds there. Is there any shade etc?? Anything specific we need to take with us to make sure we have a good time while we are there??
All comments would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Footloose - Monday, Jan 03, 2005 at 18:13

Monday, Jan 03, 2005 at 18:13
It's been years since I was there, and it was a resort without camping facilities in those days. Obviously it's changed a bit :)
The beach is over the other side of the island, a short walk. Take lots of sunscreen etc. Make sure that there's a shop before you go, it might be a ways to the local one. Don't mix your drink with boating. Its a lethal combination. Be careful swimming, lottsa rips around. Basically use your common sense and ask the locals if you're in doubt.
When I used to take my boat there on Fri nights, I allowed myself 1 drink at the bar, and spent the rest of the night watching the touros making fools of themselves in the pool. I have fond memories of the place, hope you end up with the same.
AnswerID: 91127

Reply By: Member - Paul S (QLD) - Friday, Jan 07, 2005 at 06:51

Friday, Jan 07, 2005 at 06:51
Hi Straddiegang 2
Like Footloose, it's been a while but see if this helps.
It depends a little on what you mean by Tipplers. That's the name of the Resort of course but many locals refer to Tipplers as the general area on South Straddie.
I didn't know you could camp at Tipplers Resort but they've obviously changed it if that's where you're going.
There's a quite good Council camping area just south of the Resort and plenty of shade as I recall, depending on your site.
Provided you don't want all of the five stars, Tipplers is a top spot. Practically everything you'll need is available at the Resort. The daytrippers, particularly on Sundays, can be a bit trying around the pub.
There are no 4X4's allowed on South Straddie of course except for the Council registered ones used by the islanders.
Have a great one.
Cheers.
AnswerID: 91712

Reply By: Straddiegang2 - Friday, Jan 07, 2005 at 06:56

Friday, Jan 07, 2005 at 06:56
hi guys thanks for the info.
We are actually going today so I a really looking forward to it. There are 4 camping areas on Sth Straddie and the second one down the island is called Tipplers. Looking forward to going to the pub at the resort as well.
From what I have found out it has bbq areas, hot showers and toilets, fresh water. You can buy ice from the ranger as well.
I will let you know how good it is when we get back.
AnswerID: 91713

Sponsored Links