80 series flawless performance

Submitted: Monday, Jan 03, 2005 at 21:22
ThreadID: 19042 Views:2636 Replies:5 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Just got back into town after testing out my new aquasition, Gave it a pretty good test by heading East of ballidonia then down to cape culver, east to toolina cove (and back again) then along approx 70k of beach to israelite bay and on to point Malcolm. From there it was east along the telegraph track hitting the coast at bellingers beach. After which the coast was followed along beaches and headlands, up mt pasley and onto poison creek beach. It was then on to Esperance via thomas river, dunns rocks and duke of orleans bay. My return trip to peak charles was thwarted by road closed sighns so it was home via cave hill and the woodlines. Didnt miss a beat.
I took notes from Balladonia to culver/toolina as well as the beach run to israelite bay. Also the trek along the telegraph track to poison creek via the coastal diversion. Additionally the the 26k thomas beach run east to arid bay. Any advice on how to go about submitting treks?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bonz (Vic) - Monday, Jan 03, 2005 at 21:37

Monday, Jan 03, 2005 at 21:37
theres a trek form, I can email it if I can find it, and your email.
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 91177

Follow Up By: Member - Davoe (WA) - Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 10:02

Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 10:02
yea I found it after I posted but it also says you need the trek on ozi explorer (whatever that is)
FollowupID: 349792

Reply By: ianmc - Monday, Jan 03, 2005 at 21:44

Monday, Jan 03, 2005 at 21:44
It will be an interesting read for those of us who envy all that SW wilderness.
Did U do it alone as I guess some is pretty remote or was it the Christmas rush?
Thought U were a bit game as there was still a bit of wave activity sloshing around the world after the tsunami!
AnswerID: 91182

Follow Up By: Member - Davoe (WA) - Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 10:06

Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 10:06
yea went alone. In the far south east part there werent many people but after poison creek you get a few (by WA standards). I wasnt so much worried by the waves but by the rusty ladders and frayed rope holding them on the climb down to toolina cove. If it wasnt for the huge schools of tailor and salmon being chased by sharks down below I may have chickened out
FollowupID: 349793

Reply By: motherhen - Monday, Jan 03, 2005 at 23:26

Monday, Jan 03, 2005 at 23:26
Where and why was Peak Charles road closed? If we run late, we'd plan to go home via the Norseman-Lake King road - was this closed or just into Peak C? Due to fires? Heard of heaps of fires in the Esperance region. Was the coastal strip "overpopulated" with holiday-makers? Looking forward to getting away. Motherhen
AnswerID: 91199

Follow Up By: Member - Davoe (WA) - Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 10:01

Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 10:01
The road in was closed due to fires but calm in Esperance had an up date sheet telling me it was open I suspect no one had been out to change the sighns but I dunno. Yea there were a few around but there were several bays left at thomas river and poison creek which should get better from now on. Got evacuated from the poison creek campsites at 4.00 am due to fires so definately worth ringing calm esperance for an area update.
FollowupID: 349791

Reply By: Willem - Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 10:49

Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 10:49
Aaahhh Davoe...you have been having too MUCH fun again. Glad to hear your new truck is running well.

Before you send anything to EO you must contact them to see if they would like to have your notes as someone else may have submitted something simillar to what you intend to submit. Then you have to download a Pro Forma submit trek sheet and fill it in accordingly. Normally Trek Notes also require a digital map which you work in conjunction with your GPS, Laptop and Oziexplorer software. The latter isn't essential however.

If you have time I would like your notes from Balladonia, the beach runs and the telegraph track. You can email them to me willem at kempen dot id dot au. Many thanks.
AnswerID: 91240

Follow Up By: Member - Davoe (WA) - Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 10:58

Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 10:58
will do It was a great trip with the high light being the bibilunya sandunes - those things are incredible and you really need to climb them (not easy) to appreciate them huge stand alone shifting dunes. The rest of the trek is fairly straight forward with sighns now on turn offs of the telegraph track (didnt used to be)
FollowupID: 349803

Reply By: ianmc - Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 11:47

Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 11:47
And all those fish too! What a place!
AnswerID: 91253

Sponsored Links