Fuel filtering

Submitted: Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 14:21
ThreadID: 19061 Views:1942 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
hiya eveyone, these things seem to be finding their way into the transport industry,

http://www.ultimatedieselperformance.com.au/

has anyone heard of or used one of them.
do any of our technical people thing they may be the way to go to get better economy, power etc?
a mate has one on his truck and reckons theyare the bee's knee's. so any and all input greatly appreciated.
there is apparently a smaller version available that will fir diesel 4by's as well.

rick.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 16:19

Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 16:19
Okay Rick,
You've got me intrigued..... but web site is a bit like Jeanette Howard at night....(next to useless)....lolol.
Are these things a sort of electrically powered pump?
Sounds good, but I'd need more details (maybe your mate can give you the low-down).
AnswerID: 91293

Follow Up By: Rick Blaine - Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 19:36

Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 19:36
I'm amazed with your snide gybe re Mrs Howard that your post remains on the board.....pmsl.....
FollowupID: 349868

Reply By: Wok - Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 17:03

Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 17:03
Heres another link for the Airdog
airdog

There is a pretty active forum on dieselstop about this [2 yrs +]......these are truckies talking....not casual weekend warriors!
AnswerID: 91300

Reply By: Member - Bradley- Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 17:07

Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 17:07
some 'interesting ' claims and dubious verifications on there, smells like a bit of a 'hiclone'/ 'bitron' product. From looking at the picture it is just a simple pre-filter boost pump, to provide a positive head of pressure to the main filter and pump. Whack a small fuel pump inline at the tank to get the same effect, cost you about $100 to try. Yep all fluids contain air, and if the inlet to any pump is restricted then you will get cavitation in the pump, this jigger claims to remove the air in the fluid - total crap, it just stops cavitation in the main pump. Doesnt impress me..save your dough, if you have a starvation to your fuel pump then better off checking all the lines and screens in the tank for any blockage, wont cost a cent.
AnswerID: 91301

Follow Up By: Rick Blaine - Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 19:39

Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 19:39
After a careful perusal of the facts available I'm with you Bradley... If you want to de-air a liquid you apply vacuum...not pressure
FollowupID: 349869

Follow Up By: Member - Bradley- Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 22:51

Tuesday, Jan 04, 2005 at 22:51
bingo buddy, yep simply apply absolute vacuum to the liquid, makes it a bit hard to pump though !!

all this jigger is is a simple boost pump. to stop cavitation all you need is a couple of psi above atmospheric. on the jets we run pressurised resiviours on the hydraulic systems , and the fuel systems have 2 boost pumps feeding the main engine pumps. No cavitation.
FollowupID: 349908

Sponsored Links